cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very difficult to delete contacts

Occasional Visitor

very difficult to delete contacts

Hi, After reviewing my reports on my email campaigns I sometimes wish to delete certain contacts. It is impossible to do so-this should be easier to do. It should be under "edit" when I click on the name-the option to delete the contact is nowhere! Please give me instructions on how to delete contacts. I wanted to give you this feedback for a long time! Thanks, Debbie Davis
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: very difficult to delete contacts

Hello there @DebbieD289 !

Thank you for giving us your feedback on this, it is greatly appreciated.

What area in reporting are you trying to delete these contacts in?

There are two tabs that allow you to delete contacts within the reporting tab as you can see below.

2019-08-20_16-44-07.png
1) Bounced category
2) Suspended Category

To delete contacts form this view you'll want to check mark the box next to their names. Once you've check marked all the contacts you'd like to delete from this view, you'll want to select the Actions tab. Once you click on the actions tab you'll see a delete option on the drop down.

2019-08-20_16-46-57.png

Let us know if you have any ways we can improve this process!

Brigitte P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

Thank you Brigette P! 

To simplify deleting a contact , let's say it's one that never opens your e mails, my feedback would be to have "delete contact" right there as an edit option when you click on their contact info!  You mentioned bounced and unsubscribed, but what if I wish to delete a contact for any reason, does the directions you gave apply to any contact or just the ones that have bounced etc..?

Hi @DebbieD289 

We are always open to ways we can better our user's experience. So this feedback on a delete button like you mentioned has been submitted to our Product Team. There are different ways to delete contacts from your account. You are correct, the options previously shared in this thread is for bounces and unsubscribes. However if you are looking to delete any account, you can delete one or more contacts under the Contacts section of your account.

click_contacts_new_top_navigation_1 (5).png

This can be done by searching and selecting your contact. Once you have selected this contact you click More Actions and Delete in the drop-down menu.

search_for_contacts_new_nav_step_2.png

select_contacts_more_actions_delete_34.png

I hope these directions help!

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.