Bulk Deleting

SOLVED
Go to solution
GlenMar
Rookie
0 Votes

I am working with our entire list of contacts. I found that there are a large group that we would like to delete. Is there an easy way to do that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GlenMar ,

There's three ways you can go about doing this, depending on how you've setup the contacts you wish to delete:

• If you have the contacts you wish to delete already on a contact file of their own, then you can upload them as a new list into your Contacts. Then you can select-all, top Actions button > Delete. This will remove them from your account across all lists.
  • If they're part of a drilldown, such as an email's bounces report, you can select-all, top Actions button > Delete
  • If they're not in one of these setups, the most straightforward method would be to simply go into your contacts / the specific list, and start manually clicking the contacts you want to get rid of, then Actions > Delete.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GlenMar ,

There's three ways you can go about doing this, depending on how you've setup the contacts you wish to delete:

• If you have the contacts you wish to delete already on a contact file of their own, then you can upload them as a new list into your Contacts. Then you can select-all, top Actions button > Delete. This will remove them from your account across all lists.
  • If they're part of a drilldown, such as an email's bounces report, you can select-all, top Actions button > Delete
  • If they're not in one of these setups, the most straightforward method would be to simply go into your contacts / the specific list, and start manually clicking the contacts you want to get rid of, then Actions > Delete.

William A
LindaK9
Rookie
0 Votes

I have 22,000+ contacts without email addresses to delete. I have a csv of them, but I can't upload the csv to create a new list without email addresses. I can't create a segment and filter by email. I can't add tags in bulk because I can't select the contacts by page because it selects all the contacts. I cannot delete them individually because that would take forever. How should I fix this? 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @LindaK9 ,

If you're working with that many contacts to begin with, I'd advise emailing our premier support team for assistance managing your lists and overall contacts. Please see this article for advice on managing large list contact dashboards and guidance on emailing contact management support requests.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST