Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Casual Conversation: What is your favorite hobby?

Nick_S
Administrator

Welcome to Casual Conversations!

Every first Wednesday of the month we want to take a moment out of our day to break from the hustle and bustle of online marketing and open discussion up to subjects that have less to do with emails, events, and landing pages and more to do with... everything else!

Now sometimes we might skirt the line between business and pleasure in our topics of conversation, but ultimately we know how hard y'all are working and it's fun to think about something other than work every once in awhile.

--

One of my more recent pieces, based on a video game character.One of my more recent pieces, based on a video game character.

I’d like to think everyone has a favorite hobby. An activity they enjoy doing outside of their professional and personal responsibilities. Maybe that hobby turned into a full-time gig, or it’s just the way you enjoy passing time on the weekends.

I’ve mentioned my enthusiasm for art in a few posts lately, so it’s no surprise that I would say it’s my favorite hobby!

I drew a lot as a kid (terribly), but let the (meager) skills flounder for more than ten years before I found myself stuck at home during the early days of the pandemic. I randomly decided to try my hand at creating pixel art (think old school video games), and while researching tutorials, a random line stating that “to be good at pixel art you still have to learn traditional art fundamentals” made me realize I had to start from scratch. It’s been about four years now and while I haven’t returned to making pixel art, I’ve continued to draw basically every day. The jury is still out if I were to turn it into an actual professional career, but I get a lot of satisfaction out of creative problem solving regardless.

What about you? What’s your favorite hobby?

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

29 REPLIES 29
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Welcome, @heidiC30 we’re ecstatic to have you here. Indeed, doing this alone can be quite overwhelming. We have a great resource for those just getting started here. It's a great getting started guide. 

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

JulieL26
Campaign Contributor

I love hanging with my dog , I use to love painting ceramics, but I really love to sing a lot, I don't really know if that's a hobby or not but I would love to record some albums as gifts for people I know!?!

Chris-S
Administrator

When I’m not playing board games, I’m always hanging out with my dogs as well @JulieL26 🐶 ​here’s a picture of them. I make up songs for them and sing, but they usually howl until I stop 😂

IMG_6877.jpeg

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach
0 Votes

Look at that pile of pups!! Paws-itively adorable! Let me guess: the littlest one is the boss? 🤣

Melanie Diehl

Melanie & co Marketing Collective

Visit My Website

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

I can confirm she frequently crashes our team meetings. I'm sure other Community members have stories of their pets joining in on meetings.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST