Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Casual Conversation: What's your go-to playlist?

Abigail_S
Administrator

Shoutout to Spotify for contributing to my daily productivity! I don’t know about you, but I need to listen to music while I work to lock in and really focus. I’m not sure why, but I enjoy the background music and I feel like I am stimulating all parts of my brain by doing so. I also know some people like to work in complete silence. So which are you?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

Hot Tip: Spotify lets you share the playlist directly! Feel free to link the playlist or embed the HTML code 😁

Everyday I listen to my Spotify daylist. Every morning, afternoon, and evening the daylist auto generates and changes your music vibe and creates an entirely new playlist for you. The playlist is also usually named something quite funny.  This morning, my daylist is called "nature folky wednesday morning" full of Noah Kahan, The Lumineers, and Zach Bryan.

I also like to listen to some of Spotify’s curated playlists such as Work From Home:

Or for more focus, fall vibes, I'll throw on Your Favorite Coffeehouse and sip my latte.

So, what are you listening to? 

*Honorable mentions also include: Apple music, Amazon music, and good old faithful Pandora radio.

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

7 REPLIES 7
Chris-S
Administrator

On occasion, I do enjoy a little background noise to keep me company. But then there are days when I just want to bask in the sweet sound of silence. It’s like a choose-your-own-adventure of productivity. I tend to listen to mostly rock and punk music, which gets me ready to enter the fray in a mosh pit, not exactly conducive to getting work done. 

Lo-fi music tends to get the job done; it’s refreshing and lets me think without getting distracted. 🎵

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Abigail_S
Administrator

Very relaxing! I might have to add this to my rotation. 

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Chris-S
Administrator

Perhaps next time I’ll share my metal playlist but that's best for a run or workout, not brainstorming 🤣

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

I love Lo-Fi Girl! I listen to lo-fi at night when I'm lounging around on my phone or reading a book.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Nick_S
Administrator

Yeah, lofi is great. I'm listening to a Legend of Zelda-inspired lofi playlist while I type this. 😃

Content Manager

Nick_S
Administrator

I mentioned in a different reply that I also listen to lofi often when working. If not lofi, then a random assortment of "Focus-based" music that generally doesn't have lyrics. Spotify actually has a "Genre" called Focus where I tend to jump to and see what strikes my fancy. Here are a few that have gotten me through a work day:

I'm actually rubbish with music. I mean, I love music, but for me it's mostly background noise. I have a single Spotify playlist for songs I like, hear on the radio, etc. It's got like 700+ songs at this point, but I'm not going to share it, haha. I don't curate it, so I'm sure it has stuff in it that I wouldn't listen to today, but might have fancied 5+ years ago.

Content Manager

William_A
Administrator

I usually pick a song or artist I'm vibing to at any given time, and use Spotify's radio function for that song/artist. It's helped me discover new artists, as well as rediscover old songs I'd forgotten about. Otherwise their generated playlists based on different moods or their "daylist" are good go-to's.

Sometimes I'm feeling R&B, sometimes movie/show/video game soundtracks, sometimes showtunes, sometimes pop, sometimes rock. My yearly Wrapped Top 100 is always a hodge podge of different genres. Admittedly I try to avoid certain genres and playlists during the daytime because "sleep" synth, video game, and classical playlists play endlessly for 6-10 hours at night.

This early morning was a mix of Nordic themed battle music from games like Witcher, Janthir Wilds, Skyrim, and God of War. Right now I've got "Angel of Mine" radio going. When I go to the gym later and leave music for the dogs, it'll probably be a chill artist radio like The Midnight, Amy Winehouse, or SZA radio. Then some Legend of Zelda covers/remix playlists to round out the night before my usual sleep playlists. I make the absolute most of my family plan 💰, Spotify never gets a rest with me.

Do any other Spotify users use the daylist it generates? If so, what's the most outlandish or pointed name you've gotten? I think mine was a few days ago where it was called "brat summer pink pilates princess afternoon," and I have never felt that called out before 😅

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST