Create a Segment - based on Activity - Not Sent not an option

BeccaE
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hello CC,

Looks like the segmenting tool got an update. I'm surprised that I can choose click/not click, opened/not opened -- but I cannot choose sent / not sent. (see screen capture).

The business case: my company has multiple CC users. I recently uploaded a list and want to ensure those individuals haven't received any other email campaigns within the past 2 months. (Not sent seems the most direct criterion. What do you suggest if "Not sent" isn't an option.)

Thanks!

segment - email activity - not sent.png

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @BeccaE ,

There isn't really a direct 1:1 workaround for this, so the next best option would be combining criteria like list membership (set for your newly imported list) and the Sent activity. Then this segment of contacts that are both a part of the new list and have been sent the emails can be made into a list of its own. Go into that segment list of the Sent+import list name, and Remove the contacts from your imported list. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
BeccaE
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Thank you. And please, seriously consider adding Not Sent as a criterion.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST