Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

New Template

GoodpastureGray
Rookie
0 Votes

Using the new template for my newsletter the test/final email sent hyphenates words when justifying paragraphs.  Does anyone experience this and have a solution?  The final product appears very choppy.  I send daily communications to clients and have used Constant Contact since 2011 using my original templates without this problem.  Thanks very much...WLG

6 REPLIES 6
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @GoodpastureGray. What email client/device/browser are you using to view the test? Is this happening with every test sent or only certain templates?

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
GoodpastureGray
Rookie
0 Votes

Caitlin...good afternoon, thank you for getting back to me.  Since 2013 we've used a template created by my assistant.  Happy to send along an example if that would help.  About 4 or 5 weeks ago I started getting a red exclamation point and bar at the top.  I called in and got a consultant at CC.  She said we needed to convert to the new template and helped me set up a new one based on my previous set up.  When I create in the new template and after justifying the boxes it appears correct but when it is sent it has several hyphenated words with is not acceptable. I am an SEC RIA and manage money for high and ultra high net worth clients.  This is a daily email that is sent to a little over 100 clients and I have ~60+% readership each day.  I tried the new template and the first that went out got several comments from clients who noticed the change after I was mortified to see it first.  Hope this is enough information and I really appreciate any suggestions how to correct.  WLG 

GoodpastureGray
Rookie
0 Votes

Apologies, Caitlin...forgot to mention I use Firefox...WLG

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @GoodpastureGray. Thank you for that information. Do you know what email client these emails are being viewed in? Is it through a browser or a desktop app? 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
GoodpastureGray
Rookie
0 Votes

Thanks again, Caitlin...most clients read the daily note from their desktops--PCs + iMacs.  Is there any way that I could get on with someone Monday to look remotely at our previous reports and see why we are experiencing these problems now?  WLG

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GoodpastureGray ,

At this point, I'd advise calling in for live troubleshooting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST