Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Open Rate Issue

SOLVED
Go to solution
kcolombini
Campaign Collaborator

We put out a daily newsletter on CC to 3000+ addresses and open rates have tended to be in the upper 30s. A few times, we have seen drops in contacts receiving the emails, and the problem has occurred, with the past few open rates around 20% or less. (See portion in chart below highlighted in red). The last time this happened, at the end of March, it appeared to be Microsoft 365 filtering out CC emails, and the problem self-corrected eventually. We have a few board members where I work who get the emails on their personal gmail addresses but not their office emails. Anyone aware of a workaround? Interestingly, these drops at both times followed short windows where the open rate was in the upper 40s.

Screenshot 2024-08-07 155942.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @kcolombini ,

If you believe your emails are being filtered, I'd advise checking with your organization's IT to see if the emails are being caught in any filters they're able to see or access, or if there's been some kind of update to your organization's network that would be incompatible with your current authentication setup.

Beyond that, I'd advise speaking with the Delivery team directly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @kcolombini ,

If you believe your emails are being filtered, I'd advise checking with your organization's IT to see if the emails are being caught in any filters they're able to see or access, or if there's been some kind of update to your organization's network that would be incompatible with your current authentication setup.

Beyond that, I'd advise speaking with the Delivery team directly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
kcolombini
Campaign Collaborator

Thank you. I am reaching out to my IT team on this. CC's delivery team unfortunately could not help in the past when I had this issue, in part perhaps because the problem occurs once the email has left the room, so to speak -- and is more on the receiver's end than the sender's. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST