Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

RSVP block responses missing

SOLVED
Go to solution
MarciaM769
Rookie
0 Votes

Usually the RSVP blocks in emails work well. However, for the third time I am seeing clicks on the block without the response showing up in the RSVP list (CSV). What am I doing wrong? I tested this by clicking on the RSVP block and my responses did not show up. 

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarciaM769 ,

When you were testing this, did you click an actual email sendout to yourself, or was it in a test/preview of the email?

Were you redirected to the thank you page after selecting the option when testing, or did you just stay on the same page?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Were any of those RSVP blocks copied over from a previous email?

William A

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Gotcha, thank you for confirming that troubleshooting info. For your next email copy, I'd recommend adding the RSVP blocks as brand new. Since they draw their color and font formatting from your email's Design tab, that should all be maintained. 

If the issue persists, despite adding wholly new RSVP blocks, please let us know so we can continue to investigate. It's possible the template itself has been copied so much that certain aspects of it have built-up junk coding, or something else.

William A

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MarciaM769 ,

When you were testing this, did you click an actual email sendout to yourself, or was it in a test/preview of the email?

Were you redirected to the thank you page after selecting the option when testing, or did you just stay on the same page?

William A
MarciaM769
Rookie
0 Votes

I clicked on the actual email, not the test. Also, I did get the pop-up thanking me for the response and asking if I wanted to add the event to my calendar. Marcia

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Were any of those RSVP blocks copied over from a previous email?

William A
MarciaM769
Rookie
0 Votes

Yes! That must be it. All three were copied. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Gotcha, thank you for confirming that troubleshooting info. For your next email copy, I'd recommend adding the RSVP blocks as brand new. Since they draw their color and font formatting from your email's Design tab, that should all be maintained. 

If the issue persists, despite adding wholly new RSVP blocks, please let us know so we can continue to investigate. It's possible the template itself has been copied so much that certain aspects of it have built-up junk coding, or something else.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST