Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

What are the best ways to market at the local level?

Abigail_S
Administrator

Some of the best ways to market your small business varies depending on what your selling, who you're selling to, what kind of business you manage, what industry you're in, and so much more! I want this to be an interactive post, so share some of your best and favorite ways that you market locally! Maybe it's through the holy grail of email marketing, maybe it's hosting local events, or maybe it's something so out-of-the-box we haven't heard of it yet! 

Share below and let's keep the conversation going!

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

2 REPLIES 2
MelanieDiehl
Community Coach

Ah, local businesses--one of my favorites! For the past 15 years I've had a very strong focus working with local-based businesses. Many of my clients have seen success with the following:

1. Join your local chamber of commerce! There's no bigger champion of the Shop Local initiative than the chamber. From referrals to member directory listings (great for SEO!) to networking to sponsorship opportunities...it's just such a good investment for most local business owners!

2. Leverage your Google Business Profile. Formerly known as Google My Business, this free listing is meant for local search on the world's largest search engine: Google! It's a simple as creating a listing, getting verified, and updating it regularly. The good news is it's not a social media platform so promotional posts and updates work great!

I have more, but I'll stop there for now 😉

Melanie Diehl

Melanie & co Marketing Collective

Visit My Website

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Chris-S
Administrator

On the weekend, I visited a street fair on Main Street near me. At the festival, I noticed some small businesses collaborating with each other. One was a coffee shop and bakery that joined forces to offer a Coffee/Pastry tasting station. The bakery offered baked goods, while the coffee shop provided various types of coffee to try together. I'm not a coffee person, but you can bet I dug into those pastries.

Both businesses benefitted from exposure to each other's customer base.

Capture.PNG

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST