Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Which are the recommended marketing tools to use for automation?

Elizabeth_K
Employee

Automation takes a little work to set up initially, but it saves you so much time in the long run! Our Automation Path Builder is packed full of all the tools you need to start automating your email and SMS messages, like a library of pre-built template options, ecommerce compatibility, a myriad of trigger options, time delay and conditional split steps, comprehensive reporting, and so much more! Here are some of the most commonly used automation paths:

• Welcome - Get off on the right foot with your newest contacts when their engagement is at their absolute highest: when they opt-into your list. The Automation Path Builder has “Welcome” templates so that all you have to do is choose the list or lists you want to associate your path with, and then create your email and SMS message content. When you first create your Constant Contact account, we also automatically create a Welcome Nurture Series AND a Sign-up Landing Page for you to customize, so that you can start generating sign-ups and sending them welcome content quickly! Learn more here.

• Abandoned cart - Recover sales before they’re lost by sending reminder emails or SMS messages to customers that put something in their cart, but didn’t end up completing the checkout process. If you’re using Shopify, Wix, or WooCommerce for your online store, our Automation Path Builder has “abandoned cart” templates that can help you remind customers to complete their purchase. Just connect your store, and customize the email and SMS content you want to send, and let automation take care of the rest.  Learn more here.

• Birthday or anniversary - Acknowledge special occasions for your contacts by sending email or SMS messages on or before your contact’s special day. The Automation Path Builder has “birthday” and “anniversary” templates that can be customized to engage with your contacts at a meaningful time. All you have to do is select the timing and then customize your email and sms message content! Learn more here.

• Custom path - When you know exactly what you want, you start your path based on shopping activity, contact activity, or calendar date triggers, then build out your automation path on your own. The possibilities are endless! Learn more here.

apb-example-path-with-contact-and-shopping-actions.png
We’re curious how you’ve been using automation! What has been working well, and what has been your steepest learning curve? Let us know! If you’re new to the world of marketing automation, make sure to check out this article: Work Smarter with Marketing Automation too.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris-S
Administrator

My reaction reading this @Elizabeth_K :lightbulb:

200w (4).gif

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Nick_S
Administrator

I agree, haha. Betsy is a powerhouse!

I definitely appreciate abandoned cart reminders because I am liable to add stuff and promptly forget about it. So, if your industry is in retail/ecommerce, don't overlook it!

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Abigail_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Betsy is the GOAT! 

I love a birthday surprise whether it's a freebie or a coupon of sorts just to make the month feel extra special. Can you tell I'm a Libra? 😇

Abigail St Jean

Community Program Manager

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST