Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Customizable Footers/Footer Template Library

Can we have customizable footers that can be saved as templates?

Being able to change the background color, add additional text, change the layout configuration. And then being able to save and apply those footers to different email newsletters, depending on your list group.

It would be nice to be able to change your footer to match the theme of your e-newsletter. I realize there are some buttons and text that are required to be there, and I'm not asking to remove them, but it would be nice to be able to change the layout of that text or the order. Be able to add business hours, support email, phone number, hours of operation, website, etc...

At very worst, it would be nice to have a footer library like how we have the template library, where users can choose from a select number of pre-designed footers. 

19 Comments
Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hey @DerekR859, thanks for your feedback! We do offer a custom footer service where our teams can design and add content to your footer. This would likely get you a lot of what you are wanting, however, I understand the request of being able to do it on your end while being able to change it as you need. I've opened this idea up for voting. 

Thanks!

XengV
Brand Influencer

I am hoping this gets implemented. Having to pay to get a custom footer is a bit silly, especially since you're already paying to use the service. I have up-voted this. Everyone needs to, too!

WendyPDC
Constant Contact Partner
I want to set my footer address so when I create a new email it automatically puts the correct business name and address in. Right now I have to manually change it for every email. I also would like to be able to design full width emails.
JoeS245
Rookie

We would like to be able to do this as well. At the very least it would be nice to be able to change the footer text's alignment.

DWisch-IM
Rookie

I would like to reduce the font size of the footer text and also reduce the spacing between lines. Right now it is literally larger than and overpowering my main marketing email body text.  It's a footer, by nature it should be smaller, but it's competing for attention with the main message instead.

PatrickM468
Rookie

You can do this in MailChimp. Why not offer this as a feature. I would like to be able to format the footer's background.

Safearth
Campaign Contributor

It's extremely frustrating that we are unable to edit email footers, and have to contact support to do so. Being based in Australia means the support chat availability is often inconvenient and describing a design over the phone is impractical.

Please implement footer editing capability like does 

DarrenM496
Rookie

Absolutely disgrace and just a sneaky way to get more money from your users. 

This is not a "compliance" issue from Constant Contact, we should be able to add extra text, which is often mandatory for companies so they can align their own compliance information.

$99 dollars for 5 minutes work is day-light robbery!

JosephC296
Rookie

There needs to be a way to customize the footer.  A way where I can handle it myself.  My footer, due to my industry, needs to include certain logos, branch office addresses and licensing numbers.  This seems like such a simple fix.  Why isn't it available?

Frankie_P

Hi @JosephC296

Thanks for sharing this feedback with us. Due to federal requirements there are certain factors that are legally required in the email footers things a from email address, a reply-to email address, and a physical address. In an effort to make sure these factors are always included being able to edit this section in the user experience is not yet available. We apologize at this time we do not have a time estimate of when it will be available. We have however merged your post into a larger thread focused on this idea. We also offer the ability to customize your footer with the help of our Design Team for a one-time fee. Please let us know if this is a service you would be interested in as we can email the contact address on file with more information.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More