We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

3rd Party Email addresses?

BigIslandRetreat
Participant

3rd Party Email addresses?

Many of the email addresses we have on file for people are from 3rd party sites like Booking.com ... so the email ends in @guest.booking.com or something similar for Expedia, etc. Is it possible/safe to email a promotion to these email addresses? When I imported our contacts, I separated them out and only sent a promo to the guest we have "real" email addresses for. If I send to the 3rd party email addresses 1) will the people get it 2) will my email or my email address get marked as spam? I see potential for this causing trouble if we get marked as spam since it could cause *any* emails we send to not get through to people, right? Please advise on whether or not it is a good idea to send a promo email to these 3rd party email addresses ... unfortunately they make up the bulk of our mailing list. (And future solution is to request a different email from guest upon arrival :smileyface:

1 REPLY 1
Zoe_H
Employee

Hello @BigIslandRetreat,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! As long as you got permission to send an email to these addresses, you shouldn't have to worry. Take a look at our Spam and Email Permission policies here for more information! Thanks. 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.