Can I export the HTML code from an email template?

LouisD650
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to set up these drip campaigns in Aesthetics Pro and am needing the HTML code for reminder emails, birthday emails, sign up emails etc.  I have these templates created in Constant Contact, but I can't figure out how to retrieve the HTML code.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @LouisD650. Hosting or using the code on another system is a violation of our Terms and Conditions because our template design is proprietary. You can download the email as a PDF or image or recreate the email elsewhere.

5 REPLIES 5
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @LouisD650. Hosting or using the code on another system is a violation of our Terms and Conditions because our template design is proprietary. You can download the email as a PDF or image or recreate the email elsewhere.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
JenniferL1
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, 

Why is allowed to export HTML but you can't do that with Constant Contact? This is a HUGE issue. We often advertise with trade publications who require us to supply HTML for our emails to run through their database. Unfortunately this is yet another roadblock of Constant Contact and will have to switch marketing platforms for such a simple, basic function that any other email platform allows.  

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @JenniferL1,

I can't speak to our competitors, but this sounds more like a custom coded email built from scratch (within the program or elsewhere). We do have a custom code editor, though! As for our normal Cross Device Editor, as another comment mentions, it is built with proprietary coding that we do not release publicly. I do apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

JenniferL1
Rookie
0 Votes

So this custom code editor will allow me to export the HTML for the email created in Constant Contact?

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

There isn't a specific "Export" option available, but you should be able to copy the code from the editor itself either before sending or making a new draft copy after it is sent and copying that.

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST