Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Can I export the HTML code from an email template?

LouisD650
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to set up these drip campaigns in Aesthetics Pro and am needing the HTML code for reminder emails, birthday emails, sign up emails etc.  I have these templates created in Constant Contact, but I can't figure out how to retrieve the HTML code.  Does anyone know how to do this?

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @LouisD650. Hosting or using the code on another system is a violation of our Terms and Conditions because our template design is proprietary. You can download the email as a PDF or image or recreate the email elsewhere.

9 REPLIES 9
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @LouisD650. Hosting or using the code on another system is a violation of our Terms and Conditions because our template design is proprietary. You can download the email as a PDF or image or recreate the email elsewhere.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
JenniferL1
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, 

Why is allowed to export HTML but you can't do that with Constant Contact? This is a HUGE issue. We often advertise with trade publications who require us to supply HTML for our emails to run through their database. Unfortunately this is yet another roadblock of Constant Contact and will have to switch marketing platforms for such a simple, basic function that any other email platform allows.  

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @JenniferL1,

I can't speak to our competitors, but this sounds more like a custom coded email built from scratch (within the program or elsewhere). We do have a custom code editor, though! As for our normal Cross Device Editor, as another comment mentions, it is built with proprietary coding that we do not release publicly. I do apologize for any inconvenience that may cause.

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

JenniferL1
Rookie
0 Votes

So this custom code editor will allow me to export the HTML for the email created in Constant Contact?

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

There isn't a specific "Export" option available, but you should be able to copy the code from the editor itself either before sending or making a new draft copy after it is sent and copying that.

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

user896875
Rookie
0 Votes

So from what I understand I should be able to get a HTML code from an email I made and share it with someone else.
But where can I find the code to export on the editor? I’ve been looking for an HTML code everywhere but I can’t find it! 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user896875 ,

As you'll read in Nick's above replies, only emails built in the custom code editor (aka using your own code) can have their HTML accessed. The HTML for emails built in our regular editor contain proprietary code, and is not available to access, export, or copy from.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Gulfcoast_Ultrasound_Institute
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

PLEASE consider changing your terms, we have been with CC for decades and this has become the main reason we are shopping for a new email service provider.

In our situation, we work with specialty medical marketing groups that require us to provide e-blast content in html format. Now with CC, we build out and send  e-blasts to our existing database and then have to build our a separate email campaign in another program to provide to our Medical marketing services, where we should just be able to build out a campaign once in CC and export the HTML to provide to our partner.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Gulfcoast_Ultrasound_Institute ,

HTML code from the regular drag-and-drop editor uses proprietary code that wouldn't be compatible in other systems, and is also copyrighted. If you're building emails using HTML anyway, it's advised that you utilize the custom code editor

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST