We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Enable authentication with Constant Contact- alphanumeric error

SaraS5247
Occasional Participant

Enable authentication with Constant Contact- alphanumeric error

Hi

I am trying to enable authentication with Constant Contact for a client. I want to use their email, but when I enter it, I get an alphanumeric error. It says that one character has to be alphanumeric. I don't understand. I am using alphanumeric characters....

SaraS5247_0-1611951629963.png

Sara

1 REPLY 1
Kara_D
Employee

Hi SaraS5247!

Thanks for reaching out to the Community with your question! We will need to know what information you are trying to use in order to troubleshoot why you are getting this error. If you do not want this info displayed in the Community please reach out to our Support Team at 866-289-2101.  

Broadly speaking, the authentication address is set up the same as an email address. The authentication address you set up needs to be unique and not in use by another Constant Contact customer, and please make sure you follow the do's and don'ts below.

DO make sure you using only:

• letters (lower case is fine)
  • numbers (0-9) 
  • hyphens (-) 

DON'T use:

• spaces
  • other symbols

For example:

2021-01-29_16-51-14.png

Kara.D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.