Event Checkin App

NSAL
Regular Participant

Is there a working app to check in attendees when using events on Constant Contact?

Top Answer
William_A

At this time there is not an internally developed check-in app.  We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea regarding a check-in app for our Event tool. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate of if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post allows you to be notified of replies.

In the meantime, any 3rd party QR scanner app will work, and some phones can scan QR codes directly from the camera app. Or manually downloading and checking off the registration list is also possible.

11 REPLIES 11
Adrienne_B
Employee

Hi @NSAL 

Thank you for reaching out to the Constant Contact Community. It's my pleasure to assist you today.

That's a great question. At this time, the Event Checkin app has been retired. We are tracking feedback to bring a form of the app back and I will add your feedback to that request. We are also in the process of doing a complete revamp to the Event Marketing tool and this feature could be in that update. Please feel free to reach out if you need anything else. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact. Have a good day! 

Adrienne B.
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
CaringCubs
Occasional Participant
I am surprised this isn’t part of the regular app. I can’t even see my events to watch registrations?
POOLPACT
Occasional Participant

Are there any updates to report on this subject?  We are using Constant Contact for our events and need a tool for checking in our conference registrants.

Kara_D
Employee

Hi !

If this is a ticketed event any 3rd party QR scanner app will work, and some phones can scan QR codes directly from the camera app.

Kara.D

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
NSAL
Regular Participant

Have you added a replacement app to constant contact that we can use for event check-in? Or is the only option to download the event reg list and do it manually?

At this time there is not an internally developed check-in app.  We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea regarding a check-in app for our Event tool. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate of if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post allows you to be notified of replies.

In the meantime, any 3rd party QR scanner app will work, and some phones can scan QR codes directly from the camera app. Or manually downloading and checking off the registration list is also possible.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
NSAL
Regular Participant

Oops, please read reply above. 

DustH
Occasional Participant

Since there is the capability in the app of "scanning a coupon" via QR code, why can't their be an option to "check in attendees" via QR codes from the app so that your event automatically updates?

We've been using this system for the past year and a half for a community food distribution. It has helped streamline our efforts to track data and families, but we constantly struggle to have multiple steps to use iPad cameras that then open a separate tab. If Constant Contact can streamline through the app, it would make the process more simple for our volunteers. Often we have to use a printed copy because it's too inconsistent to open and reopen new tabs every time we check in a family. 

Additionally, a recent update isn't compatible with our iPads so this past month we couldn't even open the mobile web page via safari or google chrome. I highly recommend you integrate events through your app, if it's a feature in the browser it makes sense to allow your customers to access it through the app as well. Especially if you used to have this feature or a separate app available.

I have passed your feedback along to our technical team regarding a check in app, and will have them reach back out to you at the email on your account with any updates. At this time there is not an internally developed check-in app.  We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea regarding a check-in app for our Event tool. Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post allows you to be notified of replies.

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
AliceA39
Occasional Participant

I have a big event coming up and I used the qr tickets for each check in to our different seminars and am I reading correctly that this can't be done?  Why is this feature even there is it can't be used?   Any solutions since you last posted?

Thank you, Alice Ames

Hi @AliceA39 I see you posted on our Feedback boards with the request for an event check in app and we have merged your post into a larger thread. If we have updates to share, they will be left on that thread and you should receive a notification.

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

• Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article