Sending Payment Information From PayPal back to Constant Contact

SOLVED
Go to solution
Occasional Participant

Sending Payment Information From PayPal back to Constant Contact

Hi! Is it possible to send payment information from Paypal back to Constant Contact to track membership payments and renewals?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello @LWV-CS,

That information can be uploaded into Constant Contact through the CSV file, and it will be added to the contact's details under their email address. We can't automatically transfer it from Paypal though, I do apologize. Paypal handles all of the billing information like that for events, and we provide our product for sending emails. Hope that clears things up! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hello @LWV-CS,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. You can definitely update your contact list with custom information about each customer, like membership status and more. Unfortunately, we don't have an automatic way of inserting this information though. Please take a look at this helpful article for more information! 

Zoe H.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

Hi! Thank you for your reply. Can you further elaborate? I can find the membership payments under the 'registration event' where I can download a report showing who has paid, how much and when. Why can't that information be integrated into the contact data base? Are these separate data bases? Why can't the event record feedback to the contact record? Our organization uses Constant Contact as a 'membership data base' and there is so much manual entry required when that data already exists in your files. Please help me understand why automation is not possible. Thank you!
Elayna

Hello @LWV-CS,

That information can be uploaded into Constant Contact through the CSV file, and it will be added to the contact's details under their email address. We can't automatically transfer it from Paypal though, I do apologize. Paypal handles all of the billing information like that for events, and we provide our product for sending emails. Hope that clears things up! 

Zoe H.

View solution in original post