The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Social posts - multiword tagging

SOLVED
Go to solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Social posts - multiword tagging

Hi CC,

We experience a lack of ability to tag social media profiles where the username is constructed of multiple words separated by whitespace characters.
Is there an option (syntactically or other) to allow for tagging such usernames?

it is somewhat annoying to have to edit the posts after they are send out.

best regards,

Bjørn K.

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Social posts - multiword tagging

Hello @ArneK0 ,

At this time the social inbox / posting tool only allows for single-world hashtagging. I have tracked your feedback for the engineers, while they continue to look for ways to improve the tool. In the meantime, if you need a space between words being tagged, I'd recommend either using an underscore or just capitalizing the first letter of each separate word. Otherwise, if Facebook, Insta, and other social media allow for this directly on their sites, you can also do it after the post has been made, if necessary.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Social posts - multiword tagging

Hello @ArneK0 ,

At this time the social inbox / posting tool only allows for single-world hashtagging. I have tracked your feedback for the engineers, while they continue to look for ways to improve the tool. In the meantime, if you need a space between words being tagged, I'd recommend either using an underscore or just capitalizing the first letter of each separate word. Otherwise, if Facebook, Insta, and other social media allow for this directly on their sites, you can also do it after the post has been made, if necessary.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

View solution in original post

Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured