The Community is hosting an End of Summer sweepstakes! Participants must complete tasks to earn tickets that will enter them with a chance to win a free year of Constant Contact and other great prizes!*
*No Purchase Necessary. For Official Rules, visit here. Constant Contact’s End of Summer 2020 Sweepstakes ends on October, 20, 2020 at 11:50 PM EST.

Strange links sent out with campaign emails

Highlighted
Consulting & Training

Strange links sent out with campaign emails

Dear Constant Contact Community,

Recently, the last 3 emails we sent out to our audience have had a strange symptom. We include links in the email for recipients to click on. For each of the last 3 campaigns, once we send out the constant contact email we watch our Google Analytics very closely. Some, but not all, users end up at this link:

https://ourdomainhere.com/UHJlbWl1bS

(I changed our real domain to "ourdomainhere.com" just for posting here, the UHJ... is the problem)

We have no idea how this link is being transmitted to some, but not all, of our email recipients.

The link obviously returns a 404-error page and our user is let down.

How do we know the link is being transmitted via constant contact? Our site is somewhat low traffic and the link appears immediately after we send out a constant contact email. This has occurred for the last 3 constant contact emails we have sent out.

The "UHJlbWl1bS" string is somewhat similar to part of a r20.rs6.net URL string that constant contact uses to track clicks.

Can you please help us fix this problem.

Thank you,
John

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Strange links sent out with campaign emails

Hi @JohnR4231 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and bringing this experience to our attention! I have taken a look at your account and can see you were able to speak with our Chat Support about this as well. In fact our Chat agent was able to determine this experience is similar to a defect we have seen with some users using Google Analytics. However we are unable to determine the exact cause as we were unable to replicate this same experience with your links. If you are able to gather the addresses and mail clients of the contacts getting the error we can create a ticket with our upper level of support for further troubleshooting. Please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with these details so we can continue.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Constant Contact 2020 End of Summer Community Sweepstakes!

The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...

Read More
Featured