Width of email

SOLVED
Go to solution
Participant

Width of email

I'm finding that my emails are not filling up the page (side to side).  I don't see on the 'templates' where it shows the width of the final emailed product.  They are coming across so small that they're not legible.  I would like them to show up both in the 'preview pane' and once opened as much wider than they are.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello there, 

Sorry for the confusion.  You can get your image ready to upload to your Library by making sure it has the right height and width, resolution, file size, and file type. This protects the image's quality and prevents errors during the upload process.

If you are using the 2GE editor then it is possible that putting in an image larger than it’s designed dimensions could stretch the email. Stretching the email will make it wider than the designed dimensions and could cause display issues.  If you recently put in an image and your email is suddenly wider than what you began with, resize the image smaller and the email should go back to the proper size.  

If you are using our 3GE editor then you will not run into the problem of stretching but I do recommend getting your images ready for upload by following these steps.

I hope that helps! 

View solution in original post

121 REPLIES 121
Regular Participant

excellent...that will help a lot!

Glad we could help!

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Regular Participant

any progress on getting that list only option?

Hi,

You can get a list view of your images by going to the top right of the image selecter screen add clicking the icon to the far right .

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Regular Participant

Jarrad,

This is really getting tedious.

1. When you click on Insert, the initial graphics screen has all the little thumbnails...and that takes 20-25 seconds to load up. That's not acceptable.

2. When I click on the new display icon (per your response), I get a partial list of image names on the left. That list cannot be pushed all the way down my library. Maybe I can scroll down for the frst 100 images or so but that's it! To get to any "later" images, I need to revert to the thumbnails and painfully page down until I get to the image I need.

Please try inserting an image from a library of 900 images where the one you want is halfway down the list.

Can you give me the option to just get a list of images AND to make that option my display default? I'll switch the the thumbnails when I need it.

Please try this before responding.

Thx

Hi,

I'm sorry you continue to have trouble. I won't be in the office until Monday in order to see if this if this is a known issue. I had no problems seeing all of my images in my account in the list view. Please call us at 1-866-289-2101 if you need immediate assistance.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Regular Participant

When you check, try using a larger image library and you'll see how diffciult this whole process has become. Try my library if you'd like. It's simply too slow (scrolling is slow too) and I still can't scroll down my entire list of images.

Occasional Participant

Just an FYI...I was experiencing the same issues - only part of my library would show up, I'd go to click an image I wanted and all of the images would just "disappear". I was usiing IE 9. I switched to Google Chrome and have no issues and it's much faster. Not a fix, just a bandaid, but it worked to get my eblast done.

Hi,

I'd be happy to test this in your account, but unfortunately when I try to log into my computer from home, I get an error message. I can look into this on Monday. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Hi Jeff,

I tested this in your account and was able to scroll through all of your images. Rather than using the scroll bar to quickly scroll down your list, I used the down arrow which allowed me to scroll through all of your images. I did this in Firefox. Can you please try this and let me know how it goes? If you continue to have trouble, please try using a different browser.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Regular Participant

Well, now it works but it's still pathetically slow and that's at the core of my issues. If this process were operating at a decent speed, the basic design would be fine.

I'm using Firefox 8, W7, with lots of PC power and good connectivity. Your image processing just runs slowly!

BTW...switching browsers to resolve an issue isn't a great suggestion. Everything I use is common software that shouldn't present any problems. The suggestion from another poster that Chrome resolves the problems is a non-starter...except as a way to narrow down the problem.

I'm really at a loss on what you should do. Unless this speeds up a lot, you've made my life much more difficult. So if this is it, I'll explore alternatives which, after 4 successful years, is not my preference.

Hi,

Using another browser is only a workaround and not a solution for the slowness. Clearing cache and cookies may help. I think part of the reason there is slowness is due to the amount of images you currently have uploaded. When I tried searching for images I was able to scroll through them at a good pace. I'm using Firefox 6.0.2.

Thanks,

Jarrad

Regular Participant

Trust me...my PC hygiene is outstanding! Cookies and cache are spotless and this is a brand new PC so it's not loaded with junk.

I don't understand the comment about "amount if images I have uploaded." Are you telling me that I have too many images in my library?

Hi,

Sorry for the misspelling. It could be that having around 900 images will make it slower to load. I have been in a few accounts with less images and didn't notice much slowness. I understand that it can take quite a while to locate an image when you have a lot. I'll pass on your feedback regarding slowness to see if we can improve the speed.

I'm sorry for your continued trouble,

Jarrad

I personally like the new image selector. However... When you finish your newsletter and you set it for sending. I always include "Share" on Facebook. And when you have the option to add an image to your FB posting and link;  in setting that up, it reverts back to the old way of adding an image. Very annoying, because then I have to hunt for the image to use by name, it's usually a image# that I'm hunting for. So I'd love for the selection to be the same way the newsletter is formatted. That way I can select most recent used and find my images really fast.  Thanks!

I hate this new image selector - it is definitely a step backwards. When I open an email that I am working on, it doesn't even load the correct image. The scroll bar on the left is insanely slow and annoying to use. Who thought this was a good idea?

Hi Trevor,

I'm sorry for the issues you have been having with our new image selector. We are currently working on a fix for this and hope to have it resolved soon. We'll keep you updated.

Thanks,

Jarrad

I have been using CC for about two years and every time there is an upgrade/improvement it doesn't work well. In the future it would be helpful to get an e-mail announcing the changes and explaining the new process.

This new Image Selector is SLOW and it cuts into my time. I send twice weekly e-mail blasts that use to take me about 2 to 3 hours and it now takes me more than 4 hrs. Befor when inserting an image a separate window would open and upload my images, while this was going on I could still work in my "block" and edit it. Now I have to seat and stare at a screen that is painfully slow while it uploads my 400+ images and then I have to wait forever if the image I want is in a different folder.

When will this be resolved? Can I use the old version?

Hi,

We hope to have the issue with loading images resolved soon. I don't have a specific time frame but it is in the works. We're creating an option for viewing images that will cut down on load times.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience,

Jarrad

I would like to add that the IMAGE DESCRIPTION on the new Image Selector screen does not retain the description that i enter. I believe i may have cut and pasted the image from one portion of an email letter to a new portion.  However, using the image selector and typing in a new description does not work. An old description is used.

I had to use the CODE VIEW feature and change the image description before it would save.

Absolutely NOT thrilled with the new image selector. I used to be able to create a graphic, save it to my desktop, and import it to my library to use in an email. Now, I don't even know how to do that! When did this change, and where were we told? I love it when something ain't broke, everyone's in a big hurry to "fix it!" '

Anyone out there have any advice? I have been at this for 45 minutes. If it's going to be like this, changing things with no alert, I'm looking for a new product!!!. :smileymad: