Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Create dropdown fields for sign up forms

I need to know the industry that my subscribers are from. In the profile update they provide that information in an un standardized way. Can there be a drop down list so I have consistent values in that field and can sort on it. otherwise, there a lot of different names for the same industry. Ii run webinars and Go to Webinar has a dropdown list for industry so all of the lists I upload from webinar registrations (they opt into the list) has standard industry responses. This is extremely critical. I can't ask my subscribers to update their industry or it will corrupt the CC data base for that field.

78 Comments
BarbaraB43
Rookie

please add the dropdown

MaryJoL80
Rookie

Need a drop-down list, already... 

TomS63
Campaign Contributor

We would also love radio Custom Fields. In "Manage Custom Fields" Constant Contact currently only allows text and date fields. By allowing radio fields this would prevent user input error and enable us to easily segment contacts based on input on the new CC custom landing page sign-up forms.

SarahS2086
Rookie

We are doing a free trial of CC. I will be explaining to my client why not to go forward with purchasing as not being able to have a signup form with radio buttons or a drop-down or any kind of selection is a deal breaker. In this day and age, you know how important segmentation is. I honestly can't believe this is not available. I was sure I was missing something. If something as basic is this is not available I don't even think I want to know what other features will be lacking. Very dissapointing. 

Kyle_R
Administrator
Status changed to: Under Consideration

AdamG4249
Rookie

6 years seems like a long time to wait for this.  Its very useful.

OakMeadowVT
Rookie

Unreal they still are working on something so simple

LadyPoppins
Campaign Contributor

Shocked that there still is no option to create a customizable drop-down check box for sign-up. Need ASAP!! Six years is a long time for valued customers to be waiting - what is taking so long? Microsoft has it right in Outlook, why can't we get it in Constant Contact?

Frankie_P

Hi @LadyPoppins

We apologize for any inconvenience caused from this feature not being available. Due to low number of tracks from other customers and the prioritization of other ideas, we don't always have a time estimate of when a feature will be available. We have however previously updated this idea status as under consideration to indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback it has been taken under consideration for a future release. We will reach back out to this thread when we have further updates we can share.

ClaudiaW92
Campaign Contributor

I want to create a landing page that allows people to join a specific interest group. I have lists for several business segments but most are in a general list. Can there be a dropdown category I can insert on the landing page to understand what type of content they are most interested in? 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More