Check out the Latest Product Updates for Summer 2024!

Ability to turn off Stacking columns on mobile

Not all content necessarily follows the same format of being presented like a table, and currently the only option for mobile view is for the content to be stacked vertically row-by-row. Sometimes this may be exactly what the campaign builder intended (reading left-to-right in a table of information). However, sometimes contrasting information was designed side-by-side for the web version of the email for readability, but should actually be stacked column-by-column in the mobile version in order to make sense to the mobile reader. It would be incredibly helpful to have a "mobile view option" checkbox just before sending to select if columns should be ordered by rows or columns (same concept as deciding print settings just before sending a doc to a printer).

37 Comments
Chris_L
Employee
Status changed to: Voting Open

@MaxI121 Thank you for the feedback.  It sounds like you would like to have the ability to stop the columns from stacking on top of each other when a campaign is viewed on a mobile device.  This is a great idea and I have opened it up for voting.

SarahC384
Rookie
The mobile view of our campaigns is always extremely distorted. Having the ability to turn off this conversion or to modify the mobile version versus the desktop version would be most helpful.
SamF32
Campaign Contributor

I'd love to be able to change the alignment of content when it gets onto a small screen.

In the current-gen editor, when I left-align content for desktop, it gets centered when shrunk down to a small screen. But when I right-align content for desktop, it stays right-aligned when the width is shrunk down to a mobile phone/small screen -- I'd love to be able to set behaviors for content at different page widths.

Thanks,

Sam

Chris__D
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hey @SamF32, thanks for sharing this feedback! I did some tests with my iPhone using the mail app and when I received my campaign, the text remains left aligned and didn't actually center itself. Could you tell me which device you are using to test the mobile design of the campaign? 

SamF32
Campaign Contributor

Hi Chris -

I'm using the Outlook app for iOS, but the behavior is visible in your own preview tool within the editor -- see the attached screenshots to get a better picture of my request.

When previewing in the CC editor, the desktop version of our footer looks like this:

nwh-footer-cc-desktop.png

Logos stacked, left-justified, address right justified. When viewing the mobile preview, though, things get weird:

nwh-footer-cc-mobile.png

Logos are still properly stacked, and now they're centered -- this I don't mind at all. But the text *doesn't* center, it stays right-justified. This behavior carries over to the Outlook iOS app, too:

nwh-footer-outlook.jpg

Any thoughts? Ideally I'd like to be able to set the alignment for content on large screens and small/mobile screens independently

ChrisO359
Rookie

The old email template was better in that the entire email was seen on the phone.

The new template automatically displays "left to right" -- and you can't change the order (Wix does a great job allowing you to adjust the views.)

The main body is found in the larger column on the right, and it would be good if it could be displayed first when viewing it on your cell.

Thank you.

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @ChrisO359,

Sounds like you are referring to the fact that all of our new templates are mobile responsive. Learn more here.

Is the mobile responsiveness of these templates something that is not as important to you. Would you want to control how things are stacking or just have it not stack all together?

ChrisO359
Rookie

I do not agree that your new templates are mobile responsive.

The main body of your message appears in the larger right column, with other info in the smaller left column or below.

In the mobile view there is no way to move your primary message to the top.

Basically making the mobile and desktop incompatible.

I use Wix web editor and it is very easy to change the order of your articles.

I hope Constant Contact will consider this in future upgrades.

Thank you.

ErinB67
Rookie

The editor shows building blocks with an image to the side and text on the other side, or text on one side and text on the other... BUT on mobile, they stack instead! Why bother? We want it like Gen 2. We want the mobile email to look the editor! It's supposed to look like the editor! We will look at other options if this can't get fixed.

madelineL57
Rookie

I find the stacking inconsistent. One campaign stacked properly on both an LG and a Samsung and iphone, my next campaign using the same format it is not working on the LG and Samsung.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Read More
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More