cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Business Spotlight Tip #2 - How to Grow Your List

Solution Provider

As a Constant Contact Partner I use online marketing to help my clients get new customers, and I know that the following tip is one challenge every small business faces.

Your tip for today will be on growing your email list. The best tip for that is to simply take every opportunity both in-person and online to ask people to subscribe to your newsletter. How do you do that?

Grow+Your+Email+List+Constant+Contact+Email+Marketing+Romona+Foster+Social+Media+Trainer.png

• Keep a printed sign-up sheet on display at your business;
  • Put a join my mailing list button on your website;
  • Make sure you let your social media followers know about your newsletter too. You can do this in two ways:

1. By placing Constant Contact's free Facebook sign-up app on your Facebook page. From there, fans can join your

mailing list right from your Facebook page, and
        2. You should include social media follow buttons in every email campaign that you send out to your audience.

You see, it's all about making it easy for people to act, and each one of the suggestions above will do just that.

Grow+Your+Email+List+Constant+Contact+Email+Marketing+Romona+Foster+Social+Media+Trainer+2.jpg

I hope this tip helps you to not only grow your email list, but your business as well.

See you next time for tip #3 in the "Small Business Spotlight Tip" series, and while I'm away, be sure to find out more about how you can grow your list with Constant Contact.

Romona_Foster

Romona Foster is a social media trainer and consultant. She trains groups and individuals on how to use LinkedIn, how to market on Facebook, all about Twitter, Pinterest, Google+, Online Marketing, and Personal Branding. She was listed as one of the “best in tech” at DC Web Women’s Code(Her) Conference, and was a guest content strategy speaker for the Code(Her) Conference. Romona has also served as a small business coach at Eleanor Holmes Norton’s Small Business Fair, and has spoken to hundreds of small business owners and nonprofits at other venues. She has conducted workshops for several organizations including “How to Manage Social Media: Dedicating 60 Minutes Per Day” for The Greater Washington Hispanic Chamber of Commerce & Arlington BizLaunch, “How to Market Your Events for Maximum Exposure & Profit” for the National Association of Real Estate Brokers, “Google Partners Connect” for Google, “Leveraging the Power of LinkedIn: Personal Branding for Sales Professionals” for the National Sales Network DC-Baltimore chapter, “Grow Your Business with Email + Social Media” for the DC Chamber of Commerce, “Social Media Marketing Made Simple” at the Microsoft Store, and "Discover the Power of Twitter Tweet-A-Thon Style" for Social Media Week, Washington, DC. She has been featured on WEAA 88.9 FM’s Briefcase Workshop Radio program and has recorded five radio promos on Clear Channel Media + Entertainment’s WASH-FM (97.1) for Constant Contact. Romona is a Constant Contact Authorized Local Expert, certified Social Media Marketing Presenter, Email Marketing Trainer, and an accredited Constant Contact Solution Provider. She is also a two-time recipient of the Constant Contact ALL STAR Award (2012 & 2013).