cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ANNOYING- For your security, we've locked access to your account.

Occasional Contributor

ANNOYING- For your security, we've locked access to your account.

This is giving me so much hassle! Constant contact keeps on locking my access due to undefined security purposes! I've been required to change my password 3 times already in a span of 1 week! Every time I log out from my account, It will lock my access as soon as I try logging in again. Then I will change password because I have no other choice!!! This doesn't make sense! Please do something!
5 REPLIES 5

Re: ANNOYING- For your security, we've locked access to your account.

Hello @gentlehands,

I apologize that you are having trouble logging into your account due to it being locked. It is possible that you have a program that is trying to access your account and is using an old password, which would cause your account to lock. I would recommend updating your login information for any program that can access your account or changing the username for the account.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

If you are saying that the account get locked any time someone uses and old password, then that is just nuts.  Why not just not let them log in?  This is happening to me as well, presumably due to some saved password software on one of the many computers I use, or for some other reason, and unless someone tries it like 10 times in a row with a failure, it should just respond with "incorrect login" and be done with it!

I have had to reset the password way, way too many times now, it is clearly going to be an endless cycle as long as you guys have things set up the way you do.

Rethink your strategy.

Hello @LaGuardiaHSPA. Accounts will lock after multiple attempts to log in using an old password. This is done for the security of your account and to prevent someone from logging in using outdated information. I can understand how it can make it difficult especially if you have login information saved on different computers. You will want to make sure to update your password software if you do need to change your password so you can prevent your account from locking.

Caitlin M.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Visitor

AGREED!!! I realize that after multiple (3+) attempts that is feasible, but literally one attempt and it locks up your account. Then you have to reset your password again (which you can't do the same one you've previously had)...thus the vicious cycle. 

Hi @CVUW_Ashley 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize you are unable to log into your account as easily as you should. Are there any plugins running on your browser? Some 3rd party add-ons could affect how Constant Contact works. The good news is I can see your account is not currently locked. However we have seen cases where incorrect login information is being stored in a browser causing it to lock so soon and so often. In many cases changing your username helps break this cycle.

Frankie.P