cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Campaign/ result reply emails to wrong email

Highlighted
Visitor

Campaign/ result reply emails to wrong email

Hello, Once again I have sent out a campaign and set the reply to my email yet my boss is the one receiving all the out of office replies. As you can imagine this is beyond frustrating and does not help us in any way. I need to have this default issue resolved once and for all. Emails must Always be sent in our boss' name but all these reply emails must NEVER be sent to his inbox! How to we fix this and avoid future aggravations. Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Campaign/ result reply emails to wrong email

Hello @WCPD,

I appreciate the frustraton this is causing you. I reached out to my upper level of support in order to better understand the issue and what I learned is when it comes to the reply-to address our system has very little control on where the end recipient will redirect their auto-reply. This is controlled at the server (i.e. Exchange server) or client (Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) level. What this means is while we give the option to choose a Reply-To Address, if a particular server or email client is set up to only reply back to the "From Address," we have to defer to the restrictions of that client.

A workaround is to leave the From Name as your boss but change the From Address to another address (like an info@example.com) or to the address you have as the Reply-To.

I'm not sure if this is something Constant Contact will ever be able to mitigate but I will certainly let our product teams know this is a concern from our customer base. 

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Visitor

Re: Campaign/ result reply emails to wrong email

Hi Nick, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Unfortunate that this option isn't fully availale but understand that its out of Constant Contact hands. 

I believe it would be advisable to let users know for sure. 

Thanks,  

P.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!