cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Occasional Visitor

Re: Formatting issues with Outlook 2010

Hey Jarrad,

I'm having issues with my company newsletter's image that is being used as a background image.  I copied an image I found online and used it as a background image for the entire newsletter. It is under 1100 pixels high. It appears fine in preview mode and when received by an gmail account. However, when received by an Outlook Account, the entire newsletter looks fine, except that the background image disappears entirely.  Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Honored Contributor

Hi,

Outlook 2007 and 2010 will not display background images. This would happen with any email that has a background image in Outlook 2007 or 2010.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!

The problem I have with Outlook 2010 and CC is that all the headers disappear in the email. These are CC images used as header backgrounds. Any quick solutions?

Honored Contributor

Hi Bonnie,

Outlook2010 will not display background images. Your best bet would be to use only images in the foreground. Unfortunately, we cannot make them display background images through any change on our end.

Sorry for any inconvenience!

All Star

I have been having the same problem. Outlook 2007 has some problems, but not nearly as many as 2010. It is CC's problem if their product will not work on the email client with the largest installed base for small businesses! It IS maddening! I've been on line and on phone with support several times and they just blame Outlook.

CC are you listiening? Please fix your product!

All Star

Yes, after hours on the phone, they concluded that the problem was with Outlook, not CC. Very furstrating experience. CC's support has really gotten bad. Didn't used to be that way.

Occasional Visitor

This is on one of CC's own templates! Very frustrating.

layout glitches in Outlook

We are able to send out graphic email newsletters without problem to all email systems except outlook... searching for various things online all seem to conclude "Outlook doesn't read the same way and glitches, too bad".

this is a sample page containing the html we are trying to send out:
http://photoservice.ca/INFOTOlettre/infotolettre__2012-07-20__1736.html

attached is one of the offset <tr> spacing glitches...
everything is fine, except this one 

any insight into how why this glitch is happening?
any nuances in the table/image code that I should be aware of?

thanks in advance for your help.

Jerome
photo service webmaster

layout glitch in outlook 

Highlighted

Re: layout glitches in Outlook

Hi Jerome,

I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your email displaying in Outlook. It looks like you are using Outlook 2007, these issues may be caused by various HTML specifications not supported by Outlook.  There are a couple of things you can try:

Hope this helps, please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Developer

Why is Constant Contact to incompatible with Outlook?

I spend way, way too much tome trying to make our e-mails look in Outlook the way they do in the "preview" mode.

It's maddening. 

Is there some trick to this? I am gettng ready to dump this account over this.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!