Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you transfer contacts from one list to another

SOLVED
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How do you transfer contacts from one list to another

Hi all

I cannot see a way around this. All I want is to select contacts in one list and transfer them to another. Aside from export it on an Excel file and loading them in another list, I do not see a simpler way of doing it.

Once I have ticked all the contacts I need to move, all I m looking for is Move to - List X. Which of course I cannot find.

Can anyone help?

Thank you

Laurie

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
CTCT Employee

Re: How do you transfer contacts from one list to another

Hey @LauriePr,

That is a great question! There sure is a simple way to move your contacts from one list to another. What you want to do is, check mark the contacts that you want to move. Then, scroll to the top of the screen and select "Manage Lists', then 'Add to list' and choose the list you would like.  manage lists.png

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Desi_B
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Visitor

Adding to another list is not the same as moving contacts from one list to another.  Once they are added to another list - another manual step is needed to remove them from the existing list, and each contact that was duplicated in the new list must be found and deleted manually from the old list.

Certainly look forward to an added feature that moves contacts from one list to another.

On another subject - a means of selecting multiple contacts in a range using shift or some such means to mark a series of contacts would be extremely beneficial.

Thanks for your consideration.

CTCT Employee

Hello @DennisY661,

Thank you for addition to the discussion.  You're absolutely right, currently to move them the way you described does require some extra steps.  I'll gladly add that, as well as your suggestion for selecting a range of contacts, to our feature requests.  If you have any other ideas on how to improve the system to make it more usable, please let us know so we can pass those on as well.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!