cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merge

SOLVED
Visitor

Merge

I merged some lists and now it does not work is there a limit on merging?
6 REPLIES
CTCT Employee

Re: Merge

Hello @SarahW05046. At this time, accounts with over 10,000 contacts are not able to use the merge list feature. I apologize for this inconvenience but there still a way to put your lists together. This FAQ will show you how to copy an existing list and create a new list to merge your lists into. 

Caitlin M
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

You said, "accounts with over 10,000 contacts are not able to use the merge list feature."  Does this still apply if the two sub-lists we're trying to merge each contains less than 1,000 contacts?

Highlighted
CTCT Employee

Hi @Brownswiss. If you have over 10,000 contacts in your account, you will not be able to merge any list together, no matter what the size is. However, you can still add contacts that are on one list to another using these steps

Caitlin M

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Hi Caitlyn,

Thanks for your quick response. I appreciate it. I have a follow up question, based on your link:

We currently have two very similar lists (we didn't manage them well!). If I create a third list, then go back into the two similar lists, select all the contacts, and move them into the newly created third list, will constant contact remove the dupes that exist from the first two lists?  Thanks, Holly

CTCT Employee

Hi @Brownswiss. When you create this new list, Constant Contact will automatically remove any duplicate contacts that were on both of those lists. No need to worry about duplicates!

Caitlin M

All Star

Perfect. Great! Thanks.

Still need help?
You can post a new message in the Community or find us on Twitter Mon-Fri 8am - 8pm ET. We've got real people waiting to help you out. Click below to start a conversation!