Visitor

The 'Limit by Tag' button isn't working when you've chosen your email list

Browser: Chrome User: ***Removed by Moderator***

Tags (3)
16 REPLIES 16
Honored Contributor

Re: The 'Limit by Tag' button isn't working when you've chosen your email list

Hi @RobertD7608 

I'm happy to help you out. I'm going to have to send you an email so that I can ask you some questions about your account that I don't want you to share publicly. The email will be sent to the email address on file within your account.

Thank you in advance!

Occasional Visitor

I just had that problem - when I called and chatted with a helpful representative, they suggested that I try the Firefox browser. i did that and it worked.

Occasional Contributor

It's a deceiving and useless feature. It's not "Limit By Tag" like it says, it should say "Add By Tag" because that's all you can do with it. You can't limit by tag because that would imply you can exclude by the tags as well which you can't. I don't see the point of not having the ability to exclude by tag? 

Honored Contributor

Hi @WurthLAC 

Thank you for your feedback. If you don't mind, could you please share it here so that our developers can see that you want this and other Constant Contact users can vote on it.

Occasional Participant

This quick video shows the tag selection experience in Chrome and Internet Explorer. Unable to select tags using Chrome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzvo5bhFd_0

(view in My Videos)

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi @District58 

Thanks for sharing this video with us so that we could see what is happening when you try to limit by tag in Chrome. I tried this within Chrome for my own account and this is working for me as designed, meaning I do see the Tag selection area.  I'm in Chrome version 39.0.2171.95 and it looks like you are using that version as well. Do you mind trying to use your Chrome in Incognito mode? You can access Incognito by holding CTRL + Shift + N or by clicking the 3 horizontal lines in the top right of your browser and clicking Incognito. That will start your browser in a version without any add-ons that could be causing this to happen.

Please try that and let us know if that works for you!  Thanks in advance!

Occasional Participant

Thanks for the quick response Marisa. 

Using Chrome's Incognito mode I tried to select tags but experienced the same situation shown in the video. Only diff, and this is minor, is the drop-shadow does not appear/hide.

Chrome version 39.0.2171.95m on Win8.1

Hi 

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Participant

I was using the Chrome browser in the first portion of the video and then switched to IE. I narrated I was using IE after the fade-through but perhaps did not make it clear enough I switched browsers.

Using:

• Chrome 39.0.2171.95m
  • Internet Explorer 11.0.15
  • Windows 8.1

I'm curious why my Chrome 39 does not reveal the tag selection content where yours does. **bleep** gremlins.