cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Why can't we maintain the "old" Newsletter Archive PAGE

Occasional Participant

Why can't we maintain the "old" Newsletter Archive PAGE

This is preferable to the new Newsletter widget because it allowed us to easily pick and choose among archived newsletters and to arrange the order as desired. The link on my site still goes to this page, but there is no way for me to maintain it. Why did you drop this capability?
5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Why can't we maintain the "old" Newsletter Archive PAGE

Hi @ConnieG,

Thanks for reaching out about our Embeddable Newsletter Archive. We did change the functionality of the archive feature to make it more user-friendly. Now, the email campaigns are actually sorted in the order they are archived. However, we understand how being able to change this order is important, and our programmers are currently collecting feedback on this. You are also correct in that the old archive page isn't accessible and we suggest removing that link from your website. Instead, you'll want to install the widget instead which lets you host your own archive.

Nichelle M
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

Nichelle,

My archives are listing from oldest newsletter down to newest (regardless of the order in which I archive them). Is this what you mean by "in order they are archived"? I find it counter-intuitive to the user to go from an arbitrary date (ie.; January 2018) down through 2018 to January 2019. And if I wanted to show more years in the archives, it would be very cumbersome. There is no way to separate by year or category, etc.

Is there any chance that this will be changed in the future?

Tags (2)
CTCT Employee

Hello @GeoffreyS1,

Sorry for the confusion with this!  Whenever you archive a new newsletter, it will appear at the top of the list of your archived newsletters.  So this means that as you archive new newsletters, they'll just appear at the top, and push the others down as you go.  The Archive by default is not going to ever show more than 100 campaigns.  There isn't a way to add folders, or other organization options to our current archive, though I can absolutely add you to the feature request for that.  Our design team does prioritize changes to the system based at least partially on how many people are requesting a feature, so the more that ask for this, the sooner more archiving options are likely to be available.

Aaron_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Occasional Participant

The way you have described the functionality is the way I would expect the archive list to appear, however, my list on the website is showing in the opposite order, with the last archived appearing first. I will un-archive them and re-archive them again to see if the order changes.

Hi @GeoffreyS1

Thank you for sharing these details with us! Please let us know if un-archiving and re-archiving your email campaign helps.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.