cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just received newsletter and photos/copy are out of line in one of the articles

just received newsletter and photos/copy are out of line in one of the articles

did NOT look like that when i worked on the site. Very unhappy.
24 REPLIES 24
Honored Contributor

Re: just received newsletter and photos/copy are out of line in one of the articles

This may happen quite frequently. I strongly suggest testing everything you send out in as many different mail clients and browsers as possible.

This always comes as a suprise to new users, but you can't rely on the Constant Contact preview to guarantee the appearance of your email.

Did you notice this difference in any particular email client (i.e. OutLook, Gmail, Yahoo ..)  as opposed to others or was it all of them.

Tony Schaefer
Accredited CTCT GOLD Solution Provider
Constant Contact All Star 2009-2010-2011-2012
www.cliquemarketing.biz

Having trouble w/alignment & margins

When I send a test email, it doesn't look like the preview. The lines are off and I can't seem to correct. Any ideas?

Re: Having trouble w/alignment & margins

Hi Miki,

I am sorry to hear of the frustration but we are happy to take a look. Every email client reads emails a little differently, what email client are you sending the test to?

Also, can you just let us know the name of the email you are working with so we can test it out? I'll see what I can we do to help you avoid this moving forward!

Hannah M.
Community and Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Occasional Visitor

preview and actual view not the same!!!!

Yeah, it is a real shame that the preview and test message did not appear the same as the actual product as received and viewed in Outlook. Not only did the background image change (all blue vs the gradient shown) but the spacing changed, making the left column more narrow and pushing the next section way down, leaving a bunch of blank space and while bars that did not shwo up in the preview. This is a template you folks made for me, but nobody mentioned it wold not render properly in the most popluar email package in the world, Outlook. I guess live and learn, I hope the next one comes out better, but how will I know as the previews and tests sends all looked fine? You tell me. John Neveu President ESI Source Solutions, LLC
Tags (4)
Honored Contributor

Re: preview and actual view not the same!!!!

OutLook happens to be one of the most challenging email clients to design for.

I didn't think that OutLook even supported background images to begin with, so its no surprise that you saw that problem with it.

I don't suggest even using backgrounds to my clients because of the issues.

The best way to ensure that you are sending out a good product is to test it in as many email clients as possible and "DO NOT RELY" on the CTCT preview program other than a basic idea.   The testing of your email is incumbent on you, not CTCT unless you paid them to create it.  Then you have the right to be upset and should address that with them.

Tony Schaefer
Let us consult with you on your project
www.cliquemarketing.biz

re: the campaign that is sent looks different when received

I need the email campaign sent to look EXACTLY the same in the HTML version. Why are the links within the template turning the color blue and when I design it the link color is white against a gray background. Is There any way around this?

Honored Contributor

Re: re: the campaign that is sent looks different when received

Sometimes the email client will do that.  I suggest you create a few tests accounts in all the major readers, i.e. Hotmail, YAHOO, GMAIL, OUTLOOK, and a recent version of Microsoft Outlook (  the most popular B2B client ) and test your email.  If the behavior is as you describe in a few you may have to rethink how you present your link and possibly make it a graphic so that it maintains the physical appearance you're looking for.

Tony Schaefer
Let us consult with you on your project
www.cliquemarketing.biz

All Star

Holiday Happenings Campaign

The campaign looks squirrely when sent out it doesn't look like it should.
Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Re: Holiday Happenings Campaign

Hello @SharonM386 , 

I took a look at your account and see that you were able to send out a copy of the email titled "Holiday Happenings" from your account.  I did see that you had called in to our support team as well and they may have been able to assist you.  From the notes on the call it looks like they recommended adding a table for your calendar instead of using an image.  

If you still need assistance with this, please let us know.