How can I grow my email list?

SOLVED
Go to solution
ChristianN559
Brand Visionary
What are some of the most effective strategies that are being used to grow email lists?
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Chris-S
Administrator

That's a great question @ChristianN559. While we have experts here who can offer you more specific advice, I recommend starting at our Contact Management and List Growth area in the community. We have some great articles around:

1. Strategies to Grow Your List
  2. Keep Your List Engaged 
  3. List Management Best Practices

All a great starting point for anyone. 

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Template Feedback & Inspiration

View solution in original post

LeaveittoLindsay
Community Coach

Hi @ChristianN559! Great question! For a brick and mortar business, one way to grow an email list is to offer free Wifi in exchange for the customer's email address to stay in touch with the business. Another option no matter what type of business you are in is to use the email sign up landing page link on your social media pages to turn your social media followers into email subscribers. 

Lindsay Joy Higgins
L2L Creative Group

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Hi Christian,

Let's start with low-hanging fruit:

• Put a Popup on your website. I know they seem annoying, but they work. In the first five years of my business, I just had a static form on my website. In year six, I added a popup, and in the next year, I got as many people signing up for my list as I had for the five years prior.
  • That being said, have a backup way that people can sign up for your list on every page of your website. A button in the footer linking to a landing page works great!
  • Share that landing page on each of your social channels monthly.
  • Link to the landing page in the signature of your day-to-day email.
  • If you have forms for your clients to fill out, add an opt-in section on the form.

This should get your started!

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

This is a great question and one that has come up with some of our clients. To nurture prospects we create a website pop up with an offer if someone provides an email address. Then to "nurture" the new prospect, we create an autoresponder campaign, (also known as an email nurture series) in Constant Contact. An offer can be something like the promise of a white paper (such as “5 secrets to a successful home painting project) or a discount like 10% off your first order. We develop content for 4-5 short emails in the nurture series within Constant Contact. The nurture series "touches" your new prospects once every several days or once a week. It keeps you at the top of their minds. Here are links to creating website pop ups and for creating autoresponders in Constant Contact's Knowledge Base https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/21407-Creat... https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/27935-Choos... Reach out to me if you have any questions.

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

6 REPLIES 6
Chris-S
Administrator

That's a great question @ChristianN559. While we have experts here who can offer you more specific advice, I recommend starting at our Contact Management and List Growth area in the community. We have some great articles around:

1. Strategies to Grow Your List
  2. Keep Your List Engaged 
  3. List Management Best Practices

All a great starting point for anyone. 

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

LeaveittoLindsay
Community Coach

Hi @ChristianN559! Great question! For a brick and mortar business, one way to grow an email list is to offer free Wifi in exchange for the customer's email address to stay in touch with the business. Another option no matter what type of business you are in is to use the email sign up landing page link on your social media pages to turn your social media followers into email subscribers. 

Lindsay Joy Higgins
L2L Creative Group
Chris-S
Administrator
0 Votes

Fantastic thinking on the free wifi for customer's email addresses. 💡

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Hi Christian,

Let's start with low-hanging fruit:

• Put a Popup on your website. I know they seem annoying, but they work. In the first five years of my business, I just had a static form on my website. In year six, I added a popup, and in the next year, I got as many people signing up for my list as I had for the five years prior.
  • That being said, have a backup way that people can sign up for your list on every page of your website. A button in the footer linking to a landing page works great!
  • Share that landing page on each of your social channels monthly.
  • Link to the landing page in the signature of your day-to-day email.
  • If you have forms for your clients to fill out, add an opt-in section on the form.

This should get your started!

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

This is a great question and one that has come up with some of our clients. To nurture prospects we create a website pop up with an offer if someone provides an email address. Then to "nurture" the new prospect, we create an autoresponder campaign, (also known as an email nurture series) in Constant Contact. An offer can be something like the promise of a white paper (such as “5 secrets to a successful home painting project) or a discount like 10% off your first order. We develop content for 4-5 short emails in the nurture series within Constant Contact. The nurture series "touches" your new prospects once every several days or once a week. It keeps you at the top of their minds. Here are links to creating website pop ups and for creating autoresponders in Constant Contact's Knowledge Base https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/21407-Creat... https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/email-digital-marketing/articles/KnowledgeBase/27935-Choos... Reach out to me if you have any questions.

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

ChristianN559
Brand Visionary

Thanks you guys for all the useful info!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST