Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

How to send contents from existing customers via automation path

FirstNameL142427
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi,

I have difficulty in trying to use automation path to send emailers to the existing customers from the constant contact's listing after it is activated.

The listing is in the Trigger already but it is not sending out to them for 3 hours.

Please help.

image (1).png

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FirstNameL142427 ,

Upon closer look at your automation setup, it looks like your automation path is setup for new subscribers. This means that contacts that sign up through a sign up form (either a coded one or a landing page) will be added to the automation path. However, this will not apply to contacts you manually add to the list. If you want all contacts added to a specific list to enter the automation path, you'd need to select an applicable trigger for that.

I'd advise checking the available automation triggers, and making sure that your automation is setup to trigger from all list additions, not just from new sign up form subscribers. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FirstNameL142427
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thank you for the reply.

I have successfully sent my email (using customize the path -> clicks the email link ) with specific link to be clicked to flow to "yes" path with automation based on the workflow as per screenshot below.

For those people who have clicked the specific link, they received the email from the ''yes'' path the next day (based on the time day is minimum 1 day). How about the 'no' path?

Does it mean:

1. Will the people lead to the 'No' path receive the 2nd emailer from the "No' path if they did not open the 1st email for 1 day (based on the time delay), or

2. Will the people lead to the 'No' path receive the 2nd emailer from the "No' path if they open the 1st email but did not click the specific link for 1 day (based on the time delay)?

The reason I am asking this is because from 5th Sep till now, there is no one lead to "No' path. So I am wondering what is happening. Could it be because there is something missing in my flow?

Last question, I am only able to choose the time delay with a minimum 1 day (24hrs) delay eventhough I can see the selection of 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day and 1 week. Why is that so?

Please advise. Thank you.

Correct Work Flow.png

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

The contact still has to open the email for it to follow the no logic, since that's based on clicking links. If they don't open the email, they won't enter either flow, they'll just remain in that queue. 

Certain time delays may not be available, depending on the setup. I'd advise calling in for live troubleshooting, since we cannot troubleshoot automations within the Community in the same capacity.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
FirstNameL142427
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi William,

Thank you for the reply.

My colleagues and I have tried (3 of us S, O and H).

2 of us (S and O) clicked the link and both of us received the email from ''Yes" path. However, H opened the email 3 times without clicking the link and the last opened was (+8) 10.45am (11 Sep 2024). I expect H would receive today (12 Sep 2024) (+8) 10.45am or a few minutes later but till now 11.20am, that wasn't the case.

I will be calling the help line tomorrow and see how it goes.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST