Prepare images for upload

SOLVED
Go to solution
Barbie
Rookie
0 Votes

What is the most time efficient method or process for uploading images into the Constant Contacts newsletter? This is extremely frustrating when it appears any image from my taken must be manually modified to meet specifications. I have a Macbook and have researched what is on your website. Please provide any guidance you can for further assistance to help speed up the photo editing process for the strict criteria for image uploading approval.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Barbie ,

There's not much I can really recommend to expedite this, if the images meet the basic criteria for import, then they should be able to upload multiple straightaway without needing further editing.

---

Some devices (particularly Apple devices - Macs, iPhones, etc.) will have an image saved with its metadata in a different orientation, resulting in the image appearing sideways when uploaded to a cloud or other browser-based service such as ours. Luckily it's easy to edit the image after uploading to be the correct rotation / orientation, using our image editor.

If you're still seeing the original sideways version, even after making and saving the change as a new image, then your browser is likely experiencing a caching error that can be resolved by clearing its cache, fully exiting/quitting, and then re-opening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Barbie ,

There's not much I can really recommend to expedite this, if the images meet the basic criteria for import, then they should be able to upload multiple straightaway without needing further editing.

---

Some devices (particularly Apple devices - Macs, iPhones, etc.) will have an image saved with its metadata in a different orientation, resulting in the image appearing sideways when uploaded to a cloud or other browser-based service such as ours. Luckily it's easy to edit the image after uploading to be the correct rotation / orientation, using our image editor.

If you're still seeing the original sideways version, even after making and saving the change as a new image, then your browser is likely experiencing a caching error that can be resolved by clearing its cache, fully exiting/quitting, and then re-opening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST