Question about Welcome Email

StevenB617
Rookie
0 Votes

Overall, I am very happy with my experience with Constant Contact. However, today, I experienced a problem and could not resolve it. I am turning to this forum for clarification on what I can do. I recently published a book, and to generate interest in it, I started a blog a few months ago, which was the impetus for my joining Constant Contact. I recently created a landing page for my blog readers to sign up. However, in setting up a Welcome Email for readers to receive after they submit the signup email, my problems occurred. In the Welcome email, I planned to include a free article for readers to receive as an incentive to submit the signup email. Unfortunately, there is no template for attaching a PDF for Welcome emails. When I send out my monthly blog, there is a template that allows me to post a couple of paragraphs in the body of the email with a button for people to click to see the entire blog. No such option exists for a Welcome email. From reading the articles on the site, a suggestion was made to have a link to an article. However, I wish to keep my article off of my website as I want to keep it exclusive for readers who use the signup email. I don't know how it could be linked. As a result, my Welcome draft has the entire article in the body of the email, which I know is not a good marketing strategy as people will not scroll through the whole thing. This prevents me from going ahead with my plans to use my signup page, which would be linked to the welcome email. I spoke to two representatives who were unable to assist me. Also, for some reason, the share screen button at the bottom of the home page does not work on my computer, which is a ThinkPad laptop. This dramatically limits the ability of any Constant Contact representative to help me. The other buttons on the bottom of the page work just fine. Is there any way around this issue? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me. Steve

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @StevenB617 ,

Is there a reason you didn't include a link to the PDF in your welcome email, via text, image, or a button link? That's how "attaching" documents has to work for the system, regardless of email type. 

See also:

Inserting text links

Inserting image links

Inserting button links

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator

Hello @StevenB617 ,

Is there a reason you didn't include a link to the PDF in your welcome email, via text, image, or a button link? That's how "attaching" documents has to work for the system, regardless of email type. 

See also:

Inserting text links

Inserting image links

Inserting button links

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
StevenB617
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William,

THANK YOU so much for responding to my plea for help! The article you included did the trick, and I could link my document to the email. I am greatly appreciative!

I hope you won't mind if I ask you one more question. I created a landing page email for people to sign up for my blog and thanks to your article I was able to add a bonus article to the Welcome email. If I activate both, will the welcome email automatically be sent to people who send the signup email?  Are they automatically synched to each other, or is there something else I have to do?

Again, thank you so much, and if you can offer some assistance on this new question, I should be good to go!

Steve

I

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @StevenB617 ,

If the welcome email is associated with the same list that the landing page is, then it will trigger off of the LP's additions to that list. Keep in mind that welcome automations specifically are only set to trigger from sign-up form additions, so manually moving contacts into the associated list won't trigger it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
StevenB617
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you!

steven

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST