Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Re: web page link not an option anymore

SaraN923
Rookie
0 Votes

I do not see an option to link to a webpage in "read more" anymore.  Even when I go back and copy a previous campaign that linked to a blog, I don't seem to be able to edit it, which was my work around. do you have any other ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @SaraN923 ,

Can you elaborate on what it is you're trying to do? Are you just trying to edit a normal Read More block in a copied email? Or are you trying use the email's View as Webpage linking?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
SaraN923
Rookie
0 Votes

I'm trying to insert a normal Read More block and edit it to link to a different URL instead of having to hunt up a previous campaign and find one that worked and edit that.  On my Google Chrome browser anyway, it no longer allows that option.  I was wrong above, I can find an old campaign and edit that Read More but then I also have to cut and paste all sorts of newer content from another more recent campaign into this one that I've edited. Not every campaign I send has a Read More.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

So just for clarification, is the issue that you can't insert a new Read More block and add a URL for it to generate? Or is the issue that you can't edit an existing Read More block in a copied email? Is it every link you try to insert unable to be inserted, or just one in particular?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST