Got a 'How do I' question? Join our live 'Ask a Trainer' session happening now for instant help and pro tips!

What kind of content should I include in my newsletter?

Abigail_S
Administrator

Customers have been asking what kind of content should they include in their company newsletter. Some things I love to see in newsletters is a monthly recap, promotions, images, and any events that the business might be hosting in the coming season. What are some content ideas you put in your newsletter to capture what you've been doing as a business and what you are looking to promote?   

3 REPLIES 3
Nick_S
Administrator

I don't run my own newsletter (maybe I should... anyone want to read a weekly Nick's Thoughts newsletter?), but I can at least talk about what I like to see!

As an art enthusiast, I've subscribed to a bunch of artist newsletters. I'm usually looking to see if they share exclusive reveals of new artwork or offer some kind of tutorial that I can follow along. I also follow art agencies, as they will usually send newsletters that show all the new art on sale (which I can rarely afford to buy, but I still like to look).

I just followed a new art newsletter the other day because they offered a free PDF download of their latest sketchbook for anyone who signs up. That always gets me.

Ultimately, I really appreciate the very busy artists that take time to offer some deeper insight into their craft, whether it's in the newsletter or links back to their blog. Ideally, it'll link back to a blog that I can bookmark in case I'm jumping around my emails catching up on stuff.

Use Email Newsletters to Engage with Your Audience covers some worthwhile information, too.

We also post monthly holiday and newsletter ideas for the following month. June just started, but still check it out: June Holidays and Newsletter Ideas — 2024 

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Chris-S
Administrator

In my opinion, the approach may differ depending on the specific industries or businesses of individuals. However, I can provide some general recommendations.

Unique content, provide subscribers with content that is not available elsewhere. This could include exclusive articles, interviews, or behind-the-scenes glimpses into your work or industry.

Share special deals, discounts, or offers that are only available to your newsletter subscribers. This can be a motivating factor for people to subscribe and remain engaged.

Keep subscribers informed about any updates, changes, or announcements related to your company, products or services.

Showcase content produced by your subscribers, such as testimonials, reviews, or user-generated photos or videos.

Exciting news! Announcing our latest offering, Campaign Builder. Create stunning email campaigns effortlessly and efficiently with our intuitive tool!

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

When I am working with a new client, and we get to the content piece, I propose they choose 2-3 or so of these:

• Product/Service Highlight
  • An Upcoming Event
  • Blog Post
  • Industry News
  • Partner Recommendation
  • Product Recommendation
  • Staff Introduction
  • Something Else?

Usually, this is enough to get the idea ball rolling. And I usually use these ideas for my own emails!

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST