Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

profile update - state not saved?

GSKnick
Rookie
0 Votes

Updating my personal profile for my organization, I enter my street address and "Select a state/province" and save.  I don't get any verification of what I've entered, and when I follow the link to update my profile again, the state is not selected.  Is there something my organization has configured wrong in their profile form?

There's also no box to enter a city/post office, so I had to enter that on the address line.  That's saved and displayed when I come back, but again, do they have something configured wrong?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @GSKnick ,

Please don't post potentially sensitive account details (including for other accounts) in our publicly viewable Community. 

Contacts (who our customers send to) and Users (people able to login and work within an account) are separate terms for us. If you're a contact of theirs, then I'd advise reaching out directly to them for assistance getting your contact info updated, rather than making a trial account with us. 

There are many ways to get in touch with our support, without having to make the requisite trial account to respond in our Community, such as calling in or messaging us on social media.

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GSKnick ,

It looks like this Community profile is connected to a brand new trial account, so I don't believe you're updating your information for the account you have with your actual company.

Make sure you're logging into the correct account, and that you're either set as an Account Manager or Campaign Creator. If you're a user for the company's account, and not the main person running it, then you shouldn't be showing as an account owner, nor should it be a trial account. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
GSKnick
Rookie
0 Votes

This new account was created just to post the question here.  The account that I'm having trouble updating my profile for is .  I'm just a user receiving mail, not an Account Manager or Campaign Creator.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @GSKnick ,

Please don't post potentially sensitive account details (including for other accounts) in our publicly viewable Community. 

Contacts (who our customers send to) and Users (people able to login and work within an account) are separate terms for us. If you're a contact of theirs, then I'd advise reaching out directly to them for assistance getting your contact info updated, rather than making a trial account with us. 

There are many ways to get in touch with our support, without having to make the requisite trial account to respond in our Community, such as calling in or messaging us on social media.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST