We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Email looks terrible in Outlook

MarkW614
Participant

Email looks terrible in Outlook

Recently switched to a new template for this newsletter email. It looked great on my phone and computer, but on my wife's phone it didn't display properly. Mainly, things that are side-by-side on desktop and should stack for mobile are not stacking. Also sometimes words are breaking on two lines in strange ways. This is on an iPhone 6 in the Outlook app. (On my phone, an iPhone SE, Outlook displays it just fine.) Any suggestions? Is this a known problem?

Unknown-1.png

Unknown-2.png

Unknown-3.png

Unknown-4.png

Unknown.png

3 REPLIES 3
Frankie_P

Hi @MarkW614 

We have seen cases where emails are not mobile responsive in the Outlook mobile app for iPhones. This is an experience we are continuing to monitor and troubleshoot, however this is happening due to recent changes made by Microsoft. Because of this it is something Outlook will have to update on their end. In the meantime as a workaround we suggest viewing your email campaign in a different mobile mail client such as the native mail app or the gmail app. Or even using a View As Webpage link so that it can be viewed in a browser.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Thanks for the reply. You realize your suggested workaround ("view your email campaign in a different mobile mail client") is silly, right? I'm sending this email to thousands of people. It's not me looking at it that I'm worried about. 

Hello @MarkW614,

We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused. We are currently working with Outlook to get this problem resolved with iPhones and you will be notified once it has been fixed. Thank you for your feedback! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.