Sudden high "Blocked" bounce rates

Regular Participant

Sudden high "Blocked" bounce rates

Our account recently started seeing much higher bounce rates than usual. It seems to be partially due to rr.com and cox.net suddenly bouncing en masse as "other," which happens sometimes, but there are also a lot more "blocked" bounces than usual. It's gotten up to 10x as many bounces as we normally get per email on some sends.

We haven't changed anything about our emails or send schedule recently, so I'm not sure where this bouncing is coming from. Is this a known issue/is anyone else having a similar problem? Why can we suddenly not send to such a large chunk of our customers? Our overall bounce rate is still not bad, but the sudden unexplained change is worrying.

3 REPLIES 3
Employee

Hello @DLartglass 

Bounce types of Blocked or other can be explained here. This article also describes how you can manage them as well as prevent them in the future. For more detailed information I would recommend calling into our support team. 

Adelina R
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

I know what "Blocked" bounces are. That's not the issue here. The issue is that the "blocked" bounce rate increased by a factor of ten with no apparent cause on our end and no apparent connection between the addresses that are being blocked. I wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this, as I'm concerned it might be a wider Constant Contact issue. If that is something that I need to call in to Support for, then I can do that.

Hello @DLartglass ,

I would definitely recommend calling into our Deliverability team so they can take a closer look, and provide some more immediate insight. I also went ahead and got a case created and submitted for further review, so if you'd prefer to wait for an email response to that you're welcome to. Depending on the size of the queue / complexity of the issue, it may take longer than the standard 4-5 business days for them to reach out.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.