Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Add Search Function On Image Tab

0 Votes

Hello, It's difficult for me to go through my stored images as you can no longer search by name. Yes, you can sort by name or by oldest/newest, but I what if want to find something that starts with an "L," for example, and I have over 1,000 images uploaded. It's very difficult and time consuming. I liked the Legacy editor better because I could search by name. Thank you.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

As a workaround, when creating an email, using the Insert Image overlay includes a search bar. This can be found by clicking on an existing image in a campaign or an image placeholder and selecting "Replace".

Caitlin_M_0-1666367103730.png

21 Comments
JCCPMB
Rookie
It would be great if the Images tab included a Search function. We have uploaded so many images, and it's hard to keep scrolling. I like the right side access, but would be really improved with a search function. Also, the Blocks, Images, and Colors tab section is good, but we should be able to add more items like we can in the old builder. I couldn't find the buttons for Flickr, as an example. Or, better idea might be to just add more Social Media choices (flickr is not there!)
Hannah_M
Status changed to: Voting Open

RedeemerWoburn
Campaign Collaborator

I agree with this person.  I waste a lot of time searching through my already loaded images on the side panel to put into my weekly newsletter.  I'd like to be able to search the images instead of scrolling through them.  I'd also like to be able to delete images from that nav bar.  There is no option to do that.  Some times my images will load sideways, once I edit them and save the corrected image, I end up with two.  And finally, I see that some of my images have been removed from that bar.  Images have disappeared. Poof!

Candace_M
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hello @Jendanielslake

Thank you for reaching out to us about the ability to search for your images by name. I am sorry that the lack of this feature makes it difficult to find your images. I will be tracking your feedback about our new editor for you.
If you click on a placeholder image in your email template and click replace you should have the option to search by image name on this screen. I hope this helps with your process in the meantime!

LizH15
Marketing Expert
It would be great if we could search for images by name when we are adding them to our emails.
DebbieR73
Rookie

Will the new editor eventually offer these features from the old editor? Their absence is slowing down the process of creating our weekly email campaign:

1. Search function within the "images." Being able to search by name within the images (during editing) makes for a much faster process when adding a photo. This was available on the old editor but not on the new editor.

2. Text boxes no longer move efficiently within the same column or from column to column like they did with the old editor (we have a two column email campaign). I constantly move text boxes and images around as new items are added to the campaign throughout the week. The new editor does not allow this to happen quickly, and sometimes not at all. It's slow, and the "hot pink" bar that appears does not always indicate where the box falls -- it jumps around a lot and freezes up frequently. Customer support advised that I should create a new text box each time and then cut/paste the content, but that is extremely time consuming, especially when one box can move several times throughout the week as edits are happening.

3. The old editor allowed logos to be placed within the section "headers." I was advised by Customer Service that headers are now called "buttons" on the new editor, and do not allow logos to be placed inside. With our weekly campaign, this creates duplicate information. The header tells the reader that a new topic is about to begin, then we must also incorporate a graphic within the text. Many times, it's the same as the header.

Marisa_M
Marketing Legend

I agree! I have so many images, there is no way I can scroll through them to find what I need. PLEASE add a search field!!

image.png

KarolineW
Rookie
I would like to have a search option in the side bar when i want to add a graphic to my campaign. Right now, I have to get out of the campaign, go to the library to search, then go back to the campaign to find the graphic. Would be nice to have it in one place.
Frankie_P
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @KarolineW what type of campaign are you working in where you are in need of this search bar? Are you looking for a search bar where you can type in the name of your saved image or one where you can scroll through thumbnails of your images?

KarolineW
Rookie

When I am building an email newsletter (campaign) and I select "Images" I have the choice to sort by new/old, old/new, A/Z or Z/A, but if I don't remember the name of a file that I used a year ago, I have to leave the campaigns area, go to the Library and search there.  If there was a way to search in the "images" panel, it would be great!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More