Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Create dropdown fields for sign up forms

I need to know the industry that my subscribers are from. In the profile update they provide that information in an un standardized way. Can there be a drop down list so I have consistent values in that field and can sort on it. otherwise, there a lot of different names for the same industry. Ii run webinars and Go to Webinar has a dropdown list for industry so all of the lists I upload from webinar registrations (they opt into the list) has standard industry responses. This is extremely critical. I can't ask my subscribers to update their industry or it will corrupt the CC data base for that field.

78 Comments
LETA
Rookie
Hi folks, How do I add a Dropdown field for a sign-up form? Tks Charles
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @LETA. At this time, our sign up forms do not have the ability to be customized with dropdown menus. This is something I can gladly put in feedback for to our developers so this can possibly be put in as a feature in accounts. We understand how our customers would like to have more options when customizing their sign-up forms. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

LeaF88
Campaign Collaborator
It would be very helpful if the Forms had the ability to add a hidden (not displayed) field that could be prepopulated by either the creator of the form, or by whoever is embedding the form in a web page or platform. This way, information could easily be added to the Contact's entry that would identify which platform or product was used to fill out and submit a given form.
Nathan_L
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

SureshG61
Rookie

When will the Dropdown field avaible. 

did development is still in progress?

Could it possible to give a deadline?
Because we need it signup form.

Beatriz_R
Employee
Status changed to: Closed - Not Enough Votes

Unfortunately there have been no votes on this in over a year. If this is still a desired request, please submit a new post.

ZacharyT56
Rookie
Please add the ability for different field types—radio buttons, check boxes, etc.
Rob_L
Employee
Status changed to: Open Questions

Hi @ZacharyT56

Thank you for your feedback. Just to clarify, where in the system would you like these options? Are you referring to our email campaigns in general or the RSVP block specifically or something else?

Thanks,

Rob L.

LoriE834
Rookie

LoriE834
Rookie

1) Upon adding a custom field, allow checkbox and dropdown boxes so there is no room for error when using the custom field later on.  I'm pretty sure allows this.  

2) Custom fields need to have accurate information for automation, segmentation, and reporting.  

Thanks.   Lori 

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More