Creating new email within automated series has missing subject and preheader

0 Votes

The place where I always add subject line and preheader for emails is not there when I create the automated series of emails.  How do I add that?  When I send a test, it comes through as "No Subject" and "You don't want to miss this" for the preheader.  This is not what I want to say as a subject and preheader.

12 Comments
William_A
Administrator

Hello @HelenR04 ,

It appears this is a recent issue discovered when CPE-type emails are built within the automation series, rather than copied in. The issue results in the header of the emails being wholly unavailable to view and edit. I've tracked the issue to your case, and submitted it to the engineers for further review. If and when they have an update, they'll notify you directly. Due to how recent the issue is, they're still collecting info and troubleshooting, so there's no ETA on a fix at this time.

In the meantime, the only workaround would be to copy an existing email from outside of the series into your series for the steps, as those copied templates do show the headers for viewing and editing.

AmyS4616
Rookie

This is still an issue two months later. When will this be fixed?

Amanda_G
Employee

Hi @AmyS4616 , 

I do apologize about that. Our engineering team is still working to gather the information necessary to fix the issue. I can certainly go ahead and flag this on your account, and have our engineering team follow back up with you as well with any updates or fixes they have. 

AmyS8427
Rookie

And several months later...this is still an issue. Would love to have this resolved. 

user075096
Rookie

This issue still persists

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi everyone,

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect the status of the idea with our engineering team. At this time we do not have a time estimate of when this feature request will be made available, but we would like to indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and are continuing to collect both requests along with the names of campaigns users are having this experience with. If we hear anything in the future regarding this feature request, we will update the thread. In the meantime, the workaround we recommend is to create the email outside of the automation and copy it in.

BenC379
Rookie

When adding a new welcome email to an automated series in my campaign builder, I am unable to add/edit the email subject line and preheader.

Instead, I have to delete the step within my automated series and save the welcome email to my campaigns. Then I have to leave the email automation campaign series and go to my campaigns, where I then select to edit the copied email and then click continue. Only then can I edit the subject line and preheader. 

I then have to go back into the email automation campaign series, add a new step, and then select copy existing email, which is the email I previously created in this exact automated series. 

Wouldn't it be easier to be able to edit the subject line and preheader within the initial template rather than having to create it, delete it, copy it, edit it, reaadd it, and then publish it? 

I'll be creating a YouTube tutorial about this process and can update the thread when it's complete. Maybe actually seeing my issue can help communicate what I'm trying to say. :smileyface:

Additionally, I'm using the Core plan on a Chrome browser.

Thanks!

BenC379
Rookie

Hi! I created a video tutorial that walks you through the workaround that Constant Contact's tech support recommended. This quick video gives you a visual on how to fix this issue for the time being. Hope it helps! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/jNa18IzpXfs

JudyK085
Rookie

over a year later and this is still an issue.  Thanks for the helpful info.  I will have to redo my series to be able to edit the subject and preheader.  I appreciate learning from all of you.

MelanieDiehl
Super User

Is this STILL an issue? Crazy that it's been 14 months and still no solution to this. Any idea on when this might be resolved?

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More