Include skip logic in new survey pages, Set questions to only show based on previous answers

Need the ability in the new Survey page feature to add skip logic functionality to questions. This is currently available in the legacy survey tool. The legacy survey tool should continue to be available for use until current functionality is available in the new survey tool.

Top Answer
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Our Product teams are in the works to review requested features for our Survey Pages tool, including the ability to include skip logic. This is a highly requested ask since it was available in our Legacy Survey tool. If we hear any updates or are able to share information surrounding release dates, we will update this post.

56 Comments
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hello @BrickStreet.Communications. Thank you for the feedback about our survey pages and the ability to add skip logic. I'll open this idea up for voting and we'll post here if we hear any updates. 

DonF
Rookie

Terrible, Terrible, Terrible,

Where is the skip logic?

Where is the responder contact info question?

Don't even know what else is missing.

This was a great program that is now all but useless to me.

vickif596
Rookie

where is the skip logic in the new Survey Pages? Also the ability to have an opening and closing page? this new survey module is rubbish!!! please increase it's functionality so it at least matches the functionality of the Legacy Survey module

Tri-Lease
Marketing Legend

We have been using the legacy survey for a while now and we are sad not to see some functions on the new survey creation tools. The missing progress bar and page breaks - this was helpful to break up our survey in sections when we do the end-of-the-year surveys. Skip Logic - this was also helpful if a customer answered yes to bring them to a follow-up question and if no we directed them to the next important question so they would not have to scroll past the questions that didn't pertain to them. The ratings on a scale - the legacy version has a section you could say. "How would you rate the following statements..." and then under you could have multiple questions and only have one set of scale ratings (also the word you place in the scale rankings didn't get cut in odd sports like the new version). I also would love to see a drop-down box for the survey so customers can select a name from a drop-down menu to keep things looking neat and to keep scrolling too much.

Using the dividers and spacing blocks will not solve the situation, it just makes the survey look longer. With page breaks the person taking the survey can hit next to go to the next main category of the survey. For our annual survey, it would be since to have 3 separate pages so the survey doesn't feel so long.

kathyb_biav
Marketing Legend

Completely agree. We must have this feature or will need to find another platform. 

CrystalP4
Campaign Contributor

It seems that the new Survey Pages actually has LESS data functionality than the Legacy version since Skip Logic (conditional logic) is no longer available. Although the graphic design functionality seems to be greatly improved in how you can make the survey page look, it was at the expense of data organization and logic capability that can affect survey completion rates. I would like to see that Skip Logic functionality brought back to Surveys somehow. Perhaps referencing how Triggers for an Automated Series is built. I would think the Skip Logic of a Survey would work in a similar manner, after all it's merely a Trigger for a Survey Question.

Frankie_P

Hi @CrystalP4 what are some cases where you would want skip logic in your survey?

CrystalP4
Campaign Contributor

When sending feedback surveys to customers sometime the questions need to differ based the location of service, service received, etc. We also use surveys with our volunteers a lot so sometimes know whether they are a first-time volunteer or returning volunteer changes the questions that are relevant to their experience. We used to use the Skip Logic function A LOT in order to use one master survey for multiple microgroups of people but be able to customize and shorten the survey to only the relevant questions based on that person's experience.

CristinaH04
Rookie

Yes, skip logic needs to be implemented.  I have a group of questions that if they respond in the affirmative, I want to ask additional questions which I cannot do in this version. 

KevinM34
Campaign Collaborator

The loss of skip logic and page breaks makes this a far less attractive tool.  This is now a waste of time compared to other available services.  

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More