Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Need Help Creating a Winback Email

SOLVED
Go to solution
user526518
Campaign Expert

Hi!

I'm creating a winback email campaign that will be sent to our non-openers over the past 6 months, but need some help with the buttons and linking. I'm doing an A/B test, so I have created two emails. 

Here's what I need help with:

1. Email 1 includes copy asking the subscriber to select one of two buttons. Button 1 says "Yes Please!" prompting the subscriber to click if they want stay on our list (just as a general subscriber, doesn't need to be segmented). And button 2 says "No Thanks" and should remove the subscriber from our list. How do I do this?

2. Email 2 I'm wanting to send subscribers to our "Update Your Profile" landing page - how do I link to this in a button?

Thank you!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Hi @user526518

Since @MelanieDiehl already gave some excellent advice for the second email, I'll help out with the first one! You can easily insert a poll into your email. Once you do that, you will be able to add any of the "No thanks" folks to a list (I'd recommend setting up a special list for this purpose, perhaps called "Unsubscribes"), and then you can unsubscribe them all from that list. Easy peasy! :smileyface: 

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Book an Appointment

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

View solution in original post

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach

When sending the email to your subscribers, it "should" automatically connect to their profile.

However, another option is to send an email like this:

Dear [First Name]

In an effort to serve you with the most important information regarding (xyz, services, etc) we invite you to update your preferences with us. Simply click on the UPDATE PROFILE link in the footer of this email, enter your information, and your information will automatically update in our system. Thank you for being a loyal (customer, client, subscriber, etc) of (ABC Business).

This won't be a button per se, but it is a workable alternative.

Melanie Diehl

Melanie & co Marketing Collective

Visit My Website

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Chris-S
Administrator

Hi, @user526518, great questions! 

I’ll be enlisting the help of some of our community experts who, throughout their impressive careers, have created countless and highly successful winback emails. @DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth @ACTIVATE @MelanieDiehl they’ll be able to guide you in the right direction 

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach

Hello @user526518 

Good for you working to re-engage your audience. I'd like to offer this solution for email 2. In the footer of every email you send through Constant Contact are 3 (or 4) links: Unsubscribe, Update Profile, Constant Contact Data Notice (and maybe a link to your privacy policy). You can grab the link to the Update Profile and embed it in a button or text link inside your email campaign. Check out this screenshot below.

I encourage you to explore this article in the Knowledge Base for loads of details on customizing your Update Profile page if you'd like to do that.

Screenshot (247).png

Let us know if you try this and how it works!

Melanie Diehl

Visit My Website

user526518
Campaign Expert

I am attempting to add this link, but I'm struggling to find a link that isn't connected to me. I tried sending an email to myself to grab that link at the bottom, but when I added it to the button, the form prefilled with my information. How do I get this to be a general link? Or where can I get the link so that it isn't attached to my email and personal information?

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach

When sending the email to your subscribers, it "should" automatically connect to their profile.

However, another option is to send an email like this:

Dear [First Name]

In an effort to serve you with the most important information regarding (xyz, services, etc) we invite you to update your preferences with us. Simply click on the UPDATE PROFILE link in the footer of this email, enter your information, and your information will automatically update in our system. Thank you for being a loyal (customer, client, subscriber, etc) of (ABC Business).

This won't be a button per se, but it is a workable alternative.

Melanie Diehl

Visit My Website

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Hi @user526518

Since @MelanieDiehl already gave some excellent advice for the second email, I'll help out with the first one! You can easily insert a poll into your email. Once you do that, you will be able to add any of the "No thanks" folks to a list (I'd recommend setting up a special list for this purpose, perhaps called "Unsubscribes"), and then you can unsubscribe them all from that list. Easy peasy! :smileyface: 

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Book an Appointment

user526518
Campaign Expert

This worked! Thank you!

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Woohoo! Excellent! :smileyface:

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Book an Appointment

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST