Announcing Campaign Builder! Available now.

Uploaded Contacts and Welcome Email

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I am just starting to look into Welcome Emails. When we upload new customer contacts from Lightspeed, can that trigger a Welcome email?

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @MaryJoC83 ,

Welcome emails are setup as a new-subscriber type of automation, meaning only contacts added to a list via a sign up form will trigger the welcome email. If you want an automation to trigger from a contact being added to a list from any source (including you manually uploading / moving them), then you'd want to a use a list-join trigger type, available in the automation builder.

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaryJoC83 ,

Welcome emails are setup as a new-subscriber type of automation, meaning only contacts added to a list via a sign up form will trigger the welcome email. If you want an automation to trigger from a contact being added to a list from any source (including you manually uploading / moving them), then you'd want to a use a list-join trigger type, available in the automation builder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

Finally having a chance to circle around to this. I "think" i have a work around that doesn't require upgrading. Tell me if this seems like it would work.

A little background. I work at a dog training facility and our classes run on a 6 week cycle. I can export from Lightspeed a list of customers who signed up for classes during a specific session, assign them a tag (say Nov2023), and upload that list to my contacts. I can use the tag to send a welcome to class email to just those specific customers. It's not ideal, but we aren't talking huge numbers - about 150 clients each session.

I can have a different tag associated with customers who are completely new to our company. That welcome email would introduce them to all we offer (store, dog park, training).

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (77%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST