Introduce Yourself to the Community

Nick_S
Administrator

Welcome to the Constant Contact Community! We are thrilled to have you here. Our goal is to provide you with new ideas, valuable marketing insights, and helpful advice to drive results for your business through your Constant Contact account.

Whether you're a newcomer or a seasoned member, we want to get to know you better. Please introduce yourself and share a bit about your role and what you hope to gain from being a part of this community.

• What is your name?
  • Tell us about your small business or nonprofit and the work you do there.
  • What do you enjoy most about running your own business or nonprofit organization?
  • Share any fun passions or areas of interest, even if they’re not directly related to your marketing endeavors!

We’re excited to connect with each and every one of you!

After you’ve shared a bit about yourself, you might be thinking… What's next? We’ve got you covered.

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

118 REPLIES 118
St.GeorgeBakersfield
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

Hi Nick, I’m Jim, AKA Jim the Greek.

I’m a retired IT engineer; professional in hardware, design & programming. 
I volunteer my time & effort for my church, St. George Greek Orthodox Church - Bakersfield, I do all the web stuff & social media. 
I’ve had the opportunity to ask question & was answered, thank you. I’ll try to help with my little knowledge of CC. 

Shafika_Khan
Marketing Expert

Hi everyone!

My name is Shafika Khan, and I'm thrilled to be part of this wonderful community. I’m the Business Development Manager and Creative Team Head at LBG Print Shop, where I bring over 30 years of printing experience to the table. My passion for design drives everything I do, and I love helping our clients bring their creative visions to life through print.

One of the most fulfilling aspects of my work is the balance between creativity and strategy. Leading our team and seeing projects evolve from concept to completion is something I truly cherish.

Outside of work, I’m blessed with a loving family. My husband, Kamran, has been my unwavering support system throughout my journey in running our SME. Together, we’re raising our two bundles of joy—Yousuf, who is 16, and Malaika, who is 9. They bring so much happiness and inspiration into my life.

In addition to my work and family, I have a wide range of passions. I love photography, traveling, reading books, cooking, graphic design, painting, and going on adventure trips. These interests keep my creativity alive and often inspire the work I do.

I’m excited to connect with all of you, share experiences, and learn from each other. Let’s collaborate and grow together!

Best regards,
Shafika Khan

LBG Print Shop

Shafika Khan
Chris-S
Administrator

Welcome to the community @Shafika_Khan and thank you for the wonderful intro.

We have a lot of content to help you support you on your journey. Feel free to check out our New User Area, which offers a lot of getting-started guides and videos. We also have a daily "Ask a Trainer" Daily Drop-In Sessions from 11am EST to 4pm. You can join for free and ask our pros any questions you may have. Learn More

I look forward to seeing you engage in the community and best to your family!

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

ElsaM53
Rookie

Hello everyone!

I hope I'm posting in the right place. Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Elsa Miller and I am a licensed life insurance agent who can also write wills. I am also working on getting my securities license. I really enjoy working w life insurance as this is something everyone needs. And an interesting thing about me is that my husband and I are greasers (1950's / Rockabilly subculture). My husband is a life coach and an Elvis Presley impersonator. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

Elsa Miller

Chris-S
Administrator

Welcome @ElsaM53 and it’s wonderful to have you in the Constant Contact community. 

An Elvis impersonator and life coach?! That’s one groovy husband you have there. Best of luck to you in securing your securities license! 

elvis-presley-dance.gif

Rookie

Hello Nick,

I have been in business for 35 years.  I own and operate a beauty salon.  I love what I do.  I believe in "Styles you can Afford".  My weakness is not being able to communicate with my clients once they leave the salon.

I hope you can help with this with Constant Contact.

Justina

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @55279,

Thank you for sharing about yourself and explaining where you feel you could improve! I am not an expert on beauty salons, but I can appreciate the difficulty in finding a way to follow up. Given beauty never sleeps, it's inevitable the customer will want to come back if they had a good experience in the salon, so part of the job would be to keep your business top of mind for them. This could be in the form of offering a discount for a service on their next visit. When you collect their email address, you could also request their birthday or make note of when they first made a purchase with you, and then endeavor to follow up with them on their special day or on their anniversary to offer the discount.

Also, it might not hurt to ask the particularly satisfied customers if they would be willing to share their new look to the rest of your audience, by including a picture in an email to your contacts showcasing the latest and greatest work you've done. Add in testimonials and that's a big way to build confidence with your base.

You could also check in on specific holidays that might be relevant to your business, or just because, even if all the email is doing is wishing them well.

I'm sure there are many and more ideas and I encourage you to join a group like Retail & Ecommerce to meet people in similar industries as yours, or share your campaigns in Campaign Feedback to get advice from your peers and Constant Contact experts.

Content Manager

user8721919
Rookie

Esther Miller 2019 (002).jpg

Hi, Esther Miller here with Drug Free Business, a non-profit organization that specializes in helping employers create drug-free workplaces. We administer both DOT and NON-DOT drug testing services for safety-sensitive workers in construction, transportation, manufacturing or any business that desires to have a drug-free workforce and support drug-free communities and families. Have been using Constant Contact for a few years now, but always excited to learn more. 

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi Esther! Welcome to the Community and thanks for the details about your organization. I can imagine in industries like construction, transportation, and manufacturing you need to be alert at all times, given the sensitive nature of the work. We have a Nonprofit group you can join, if you're interested. We're trying to develop smaller communities of similar industries, and would love to have your voice and perspective there!

Content Manager

ACTIVATE
Community Coach

I'm Aaron Wesley Means, CEO of Award-Winning Marketing Company ACTIVATE Business Solutions. I've been a Constant Contact partner for over 12 years, going back to when they won me over as a customer. Since then I've enjoyed sharing seminars, webinars, and workshops to thousands of businesses here in the Carolinas and beyond, while providing marketing services and consulting to organizations of all shapes and sizes far and wide! 

I never planned to start a marketing company, but as an individual marketer working to carve out an income using the new and exciting world of the internet, I saw the need was so great that it happened naturally. The Constant Contact standard of excellence in support and guidance has made me proud to be a customer, partner, trainer, and coach.

I've enjoyed the flexibility of working from a home or mobile office since I started, and couldn't do it without the love and support of my pack of Chihuahuas. I currently have 4 little girls of varying ages and I'm doing my best to teach them how to pull their weight around the office!

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

WendyD156
Campaign Contributor

I’m Wendy, the founder of this unique virtual practice GDP HypnoSolutions, where we specialize in hypnotherapy tailored to meet your needs in a confidential and supportive environment. Originally from the beautiful island of Puerto Rico, I bring a deep love for the ocean and a passion for exploration to my work. When I’m not helping clients achieve their personal goals through hypnotherapy, you might find me dreaming of swimming with whale sharks or sharks, enjoying the company of large dogs, or planning my next adventure.

At GDP HypnoSolutions, your privacy and comfort are my top priorities. I utilize advanced, secure technology to ensure that your sessions are not only effective but also conducted in the most secure environment possible. Whether you're seeking to overcome challenges or simply enhance your well-being, I’m here to support you every step of the way.

Nick_S
Administrator

Hi Wendy! Thank you for sharing some details about yourself and your business. Hypnotherapy isn't something I've ever really explored, so color me curious! Especially if it's with online appointments, which feels very fitting in today's world.

If you ever need help with your account, don't hesitate to jump over to Questions & Discussions for product support. Or, if you're unsure if your email templates are quite hitting the mark and want feedback, or want to provide your own feedback on others', check out Campaign Feedback. Lastly, I think you'll bring a unique perspective to the community and encourage you to join our Retail & Ecommerce group, where you can connect with like-industry peeps and exchange notes on the ins-and-outs of running a business online!

Content Manager

HalsJerky
Campaign Contributor

Hello Nick,

My name is Hal Gullick from Newcastle Oklahoma and enjoying the benefits of Constant Contact with my Beef Jerky business. Our website:

http://www.halshomemadejerky.com 

I have been a member of Constant contact for several years now. I don't believe I would still be in business without the help of Constant contact. I had a brick and Mortar business for  ten years. 2010 - 2020 and then my wife and I made a life changing move to live near our son in and around Oklahoma city. I am 64 years old now and our one and only son told us about four years ago, if we wanted to move to Oklahoma City and be close to him he would help take care of us as we get older, so here we are. My wife lived in the same community of Shady Point Oklahoma for 57 years and I for about the same. Now back to the subject at hand. We went from "Brick and Mortar to Click and Order" and with the move we were able to bring 1,800 of our customers with us via Constant contact with emails. Not one hiccup have we had with our transition with our business with the Help of Constant contact. I did have worries and concerns about the customers and if they would make the move with me 3 hours away from our locals. No sweat! No hiccups! I can and will condone Constant contact with anybody anytime. Legit legit legit. http://www.halshomemadejerky.com 

I could keep talking and Bragging about constant contact and being with my wife and I and our business for all these years. I encourage anyone in business to let constant contact work with and for them hands down, THE BEST!

Thanks for letting our company be a part of the organization!!!!

Hal Gullick 

Hal's Homemade Jerky 

FREE SHIPPING!

www.halshomemadejerky.com 

ACTIVATE
Community Coach

Hal, where do we begin?! First, WELCOME to the community, so glad to have you. Your story is truly heart warming and inspiring and is the perfect example of the magic that can happen when someone is willing to stretch outside their comfort zone and grow their business in a new way. It's so great to hear how you did that while using the support and quality of the platform that Consent Contact provides while also changing the quality of your life into the future by being closer to your son. This story is so special it could be in a commercial! Let us know any questions you have and any way we can continue to support you. 

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST