We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Emails going to junk

jskeel
Occasional Participant

Emails going to junk

Hi - Looking for advice for keeping our emails from going into junk folders. 

Why I believe they're going into junk:

-Even our staff members no longer are receiving our emails; they all go into staffs' junk folder, and our IT company said no changes have been made to our email security settings.

-Our deliverability and spam rates have not changed. However, our open rates are about 15% lower than six months ago.

What we've tried:

-We are a membership association, so all of our recipients are "explicit" opt in.

-Our emails are newsletters and event invitations and with none of the typical spam triggers (all caps, "free," explicit language, red text, etc)

-We have authenticated our "from" email using the Enable Authentication with Constant Contact option and confirmed that the emails are being delivered with that email address (<communication@inbar.ccsend.com>)

What else can we do? Thanks for any advice!

1 REPLY 1
William_D

Hello @jskeel ,

Ultimately, I'd advise using self-authentication, since authenticating through us is predominantly for those using free emails (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.) Since you have your own domain, self-auth will aid with security and spam filters seeing your internal emails as more trustworthy, and not an email that's "from" one address, authenticated through another, and sent by an outside server.

It may also be worth having your IT check to make sure all of our domains are safelisted, as that can affect deliverability - especially for internal emails. Overall, it'd likely be worth calling our Deliverability team to see if they have any additional insight, or specialized guidance they can provide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.