We all started somewhere! Share your experience on the Get Advice: Let's Get Started Sweepstakes thread and be entered to win a $100 credit on your Constant Contact account.

Exclude Some Contacts

NAPHSIS
Occasional Participant

Exclude Some Contacts

In other email marketing clients I've used there was the option to manually remove certain emails from a list for a specific mailing/campaign. For instance, you're sending a notification out about an event - but you know it isn't applicable to 2-3 emails on your list. Or in sending emails about an event you can cross-reference with your registration list and exclude those that have registered from receiving reminders to register. 

I cannot find a way to do that in Constant Contact without creating a new list or segment for this very specific one time use.

2 REPLIES 2
William_D

Hello @NAPHSIS ,

The Limit-by-Tag feature is available on the scheduling page for regular emails, however this isn't an available option for event email types at the moment. You can also add contact from one list to a new one, then remove the unwanted contacts from that new list as a way to "exclude" them, if the tag narrowing isn't a feasible option for you. 

Events by default have an email registrants only option.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William D
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
NAPHSIS
Occasional Participant

Thanks, William. That, unfortunately, doesn't cover what I need in this situation. I could easily accomplish what I'm looking to do if I could just manually uncheck a handful of contacts. Long story short, I'm sending an email to all our association members, but I happen to know of 2 members that the email doesn't apply to. If I could open the list and simply uncheck their names it would be an easy fix. I can see how tags would be helpful in other situations like registered contacts vs unregistered contacts.