Old emails mysteriously sent today from my account using another email return address. What's going

SCOREWMass
Frequent Participant

Old emails mysteriously sent today from my account using another email return address. What's going

I just checked ( Friday 4/7/2017 9:30 pm) my campaigns and found 7 old email had been "sent" today. some were stopped awaiting verification of the new email address, and others because no list was selected.  Have I been hacked?

6 REPLIES 6
SaintDs
Frequent Participant

This happened to our organization today. 4+ year old eblasts are being sent. Did anyone from CC contact you about it? 

SaintDs
Frequent Participant

Woke up to find that a campaign/eblast was sent today by an email that no longer exists (staff person left several years ago and is not on the account and her email address was deleted). No one is at CC today, and we received a red urgent notice on our account to contact your company ASAP because we aren't allowed to send out any more eblasts until we contact you. We're a church, Holy Week starts tomorrow, and I need to send an enewsletter. Please help us. Was told by your website the only way to contact you on weekends was by posting here or reaching out via Twitter. HELP!

SaintDs
Frequent Participant

Update: Received this reply from the CC support folks via Twitter - "Thank you for the additional details. I'm going to assign this to our prioritized support queue for further research....Someone will follow up with you as soon as possible, should be no more than 48 hours."

SaintDs
Frequent Participant

Update - Got a quick response from CC's Twitter Support Team - Here's what I received - "Thank you for the additional details. I'm going to assign this to our prioritized support queue for further research....Someone will follow up with you as soon as possible, should be no more than 48 hours."

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hello @SCOREWMass. I do see that there were some emails that were attempted to be sent from your account using an non-verified email address. I do want to bring this to an upper level of support. However, they are not available over the weekend. I just wanted to let you know that we are looking into this and I will reach back out to you at the main contact email on the account. 

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

Hello @SCOREWMass and @SaintDs,

I do see you have cases in progress researching this issue but just in case someone else comes across this thread looking for an answer I just wanted to say that our upper level support is working on resolving this issue. Even though it indicates emails were sent out, no emails were actually sent. You will be notified when the issue is resolved. Rest assured, no one has received an email from 2013!

Nick S.
Social Media & Content Manager

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.